`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Golden Giveaway Coins

RE: Topps Golden Giveaway Coins
(02-16-2012, 09:13 AM)jacobpc Wrote: I looked closley at the golden giveway site, if you look where you can trade coins there are only 29 possibalities of coins for each category. It dosent even list the 30th coin. Cardinals, Verlander, Ruth?
just my thoughts
Well... I'm able to trade for the Cards. Maybe thats not it?

They updated it, yesterday there was no listing for Cardinals, Verlander , or ruth.

Unlocked a Clemente and had 43 trade offers in less than 5 minutes. Do not know if that means anything or not

Has any won 30 coins of anything? Is Topps holding back Cardinals, Verlander and Ruth for Series 2?

(02-16-2012, 09:13 AM)jacobpc Wrote: I looked closley at the golden giveway site, if you look where you can trade coins there are only 29 possibalities of coins for each category. It dosent even list the 30th coin. Cardinals, Verlander, Ruth?
just my thoughts
I agree, very shady of Topps to not inclue those three coins. I've received a ton of coins and I agree with this post. Are they coming out with these three coins more in the 2nd edition?

They're probably assuming that if you get one of these special coins, you're not going to trade it.

Rumor early on was that those 3 coins wouldn't be available to be traded essentially meaning nobody would be able to complete an entire set.

(02-15-2012, 11:49 AM)jacobpc Wrote: Does anyone know what the 3 rare coins are - Team, Player, HOF ?
Yes, the coins are--Team-St. Louis Cardinals, Player: Justin Verlander, HOF: Babe Ruth.
They are rare trust me I have 101 palyers coins, 97 HOF coins, 98 teams coins but these tree just keep hiding out there somewhere!?!?!?

I thought you just needed 30 coins from 1 category, not mixed (team, player, HOF) for the Mays auto? do you need all 30 unique coins to get it? I don't understand the point of trading coins. You can only trade 1 for 1 unlike the cards. I am offering multiple cards to try to get a Nolan Ryan. Don't the coins just go away when it ends in January next year? What does it matter which player you have if they're just virtual. I've only tried to trade 1 coin that I have doubles of. The rest have been unique. I have 4 cards, 4 teams, 8 players, and 7 HOF. I get offers all the time for Yankees, A Rod, and HOFers. I thought about accepting a trade just because it seemed to mean more to someone to have that player/team. Should I hold on to them until I get a double?
[Image: badtime.jpg]

Coins are just for getting to prize levels - Unique coins per category - 30 unique coins total means nothing, but 30 unique HOF coins means an AUTO card (or 30 Unique Player or Team)

The Verlander, Cardinals and Ruth coins weren't showing up originally because no body had unlocked one yet (back in Feb) - trade screens will only show items available to be traded for.

Not sure why so many people want the Jeter or Clemente coin unless they think that those might be the rare ones.
(06-09-2012, 05:16 PM)acevanquish Wrote: Should I hold on to them until I get a double?
Yes - if you are trying for 30 Unique of one of the categories, don't trade away any of your singles.
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]