Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me understand please!
Star 
Help me understand please!
Am I missing something? An on card auto from a legend out of /50 is worth so little? Someone please tell me I'm looking at the wrong card. 09-10 classics. I thought I killed it with this card... It's still prett sick I guess.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

RE: Help me understand please! 20 bucks really?
That's bs man should be worth way more

(02-14-2012, 08:03 PM)DKenyon28 Wrote: That's bs man should be worth way more
Right?

It comes down to the players popularity in the whole hobby. Yes, ice-man is a legend. yes, he was a star on the spurs.... but he finished his career rather dismally with the bulls. And also the spur aren't exactly a big market team. How many listed stars have they had? Gervin, D-Rob and Duncan. It is unfortunate that legendary players such as gervin do suffer hits with their auto's, but that's the hobby for you.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(02-14-2012, 08:13 PM)taffster74 Wrote: It comes down to the players popularity in the whole hobby. Yes, ice-man is a legend. yes, he was a star on the spurs.... but he finished his career rather dismally with the bulls. And also the spur aren't exactly a big market team. How many listed stars have they had? Gervin, D-Rob and Duncan. It is unfortunate that legendary players such as gervin do suffer hits with their auto's, but that's the hobby for you.
Yeah I guess.. I have a Eric Bledsoe card exactly the same (on card classics) worth the same amount... Really Bledsoe and the ice man same amount?

I've seen this problem a bunch of times. Think I had a big time "hit"... turns out that the card is not that much.. usually around $15-40... Even HOF SPA "letters" are sometimes have low value, compared to what I would think they'd be worth..

I had a Hakeem SPA 11-12 "letter" auto/5... couldn't sale it for a $100.... Which I thought it would be $100-150, due to the low serial number... other HOF players of SPA "letters" have sold for much less, mainly because they are not as popular as the big names on big market teams...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

George Gervin autos don't sell for much. I've bought five different Gervin autos over the last few years for the following prices:

$12 - 1996 Topps Stars Autographs (on card auto with 'Ice Man' inscription)
$10 - 1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Epic Signatures (on card auto with 'Ice Man' inscription)
$10 - 2007-08 Ultimate Collection Materials Autographs (on card auto featuring game used jersey)
$7 - 2008-09 Topps Signature Autographs (sticker auto)
$6 - 2007-08 Press Pass Legends Signatures (on card auto, photo of him in his college jersey)

So if you can get $20 for your Classics auto, I'd say you did very well.

And yes, I realise it's ridiculous. That's why I collect legends' autos - they are a bargain compared to active players' cards.

That's pretty outrageous. Can you imagine Iceman seeing his autographed cards going for that little? I'd be pretty pissed off, he's legend.

I suppose it also has to do with the set they're from. I've got this one, it is also on card but is numbered to 199. It books much more, probably because of the nickname inscription. Won't mention value but check here if you have OPG: http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2009-1...99-7712817
[Image: escanear0220.jpg]

This one sold for $0.99 plus postage: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...500wt_1202

Meanwhile, I really wanted this one but the seller wouldn't ship internationally. It sold for just $9.38 despite being serial numbered out of 50 and being a beautifully designed on-card auto: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...500wt_1202

I don't collect hardly any basketball, and I was stunned to get a Walt Frazier letter patch auto, absolutely beautiful and numbered/6 for 20 bucks.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!