`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time to Downsize

RE: Time to Downsize
I would like a shot at any former Buckeyes you might part with.
I myself have been debating whether my collection is something to cherish or just a bunch of cardboard taking up space. I think I understand the boredom part of what you're going through right now.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Just have to say I am in awe with your collection. The time it took to get to the point you are is truly worthy of a bow. That 2010 Leaf Certified set you've begun to put together is especially amazing. The patches they put into that set, have been some person favorites of mine, along with gridiron gear. Cheaper products I know, but am amazed what they put into them. As you can sometimes see with products like Exqusite, a huge 1 color patched.

One day I will be at the level you are, which probably won't happen till I kick the kids out of the house. You sir are one of the people who keep this hobby alive. I appreciate what you have done to keep products flowing. And helping out those of us who can not always complete what we'd love to.

Eddie George Super Collector

(02-14-2012, 04:45 PM)melcmd Wrote: Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!

It's been a few months since the family moved from the Midwest to Phoenix. Things are still a little hectic and most of my stuff is still in storage (except for the stuff that's near and dear to me). I haven't had as much time to be on the boards, but I do check every few days. I even stopped really selling on eBay. Just not enough time, I guess.

I see a lot of new faces on the boards. I see some of the old guard checking in on threads and have kept up with a few via e-mail.

Why this thread? It's time to start downsizing some collections. I'm not a big trader, unless you have something I can use. I will be putting some stuff up on eBay when I have the time. Some stuff I will be floating to my fellow collectors.

I haven't been a big fan of a lot of the new products this year and have decided to just continue working on completing a few sets like.....2010 Certified Freshman Fabric Emerald and Black autos, Mirror Emerald and Fabric of the Game Prime autos.

I'm not really taking requests, however, if I might be able to help someone out, PM me and we'll talk. For the board veterans I've already talked with off the boards or in PMs, drop me a line.

The fun of putting sets together, like a jigsaw puzzle, when finished there isn't the same attachments as to some players.

I started working on my photo bucket last night. I will be putting all stuff I'm no longer working on into a single series folder/album. For example, a 2010 Football sets and breaks folder will have everything I'm not working on. I'll update more.

When asking, please don't get greedy. I'll let you know if it's available, your's, for sale or sold. Ill start shipping stuff this weekend.
hey if u have any john abraham or thomas jones from 2000 i would love to trade/buy from ya
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

Been busy with work this past week. Thought I would bring this forward.

I really would like to keep this going. I'm open to more requests, even from player collectors. A lot of stuff I would really like to share with people.

Obviously some rare sets and players are not available.... SP Authentics, Exquisite, Certified Emerald sets for example.

PM request with a mailing address. I will get back with you one way or the other.

Some of you have received a few things. Some I have talked to have stuff on the way.

One of the main reasons I want to do this is because there's too many profiteers in the hobby that have taken some of the fun out of what we do. I'd love to have stuff go into the hands of people who are not trying to turn a profit but will enjoy the cards.

Let me know.

Mel I cannot agree more on that last statement.Theres been times where ive needed a card and people just want to make themseleves a profit.They dont see the collector,they just see the dollar bills.

you know who I want...Smile let me know, I am sure I can throw some paypal your way....
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

When you started with your sons did yall decide on running backs as something to collect? I noticed lots of RB PC's or were they just some of your fav players from your fav teams at the time.Your Jonathan Stewart PC is really nice,hes such a nice player.He kept talking to us at training camp as he signed for practically everybody,very very friendly.

Your sons may be like me.I graduated from Appalachian State in Dec of 2010 and I started collecting again like 3 months after that,so they could pick up the interest again ! BTW I forgot to mention Armanti Edwards last time.A Mountaineer hero,gave us 2 championships and a Michigan victory Smile