`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beckett grading

beckett grading
hello all!! i had a quick question. when u send in a card to have it graded(say a auto card). but u have concerns about it, like the auto is a fake.
will beckett let u know about it and stop the grading process or keep it going grading the card and giving the auto a 0?
lmk, thanks

RE: beckett grading
i think they dont slab it if its a fake, im not totally sure
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Appreciate it. Just sent them in today with a 2 day turn around. Hoping my card is real.

I think you have the option of picking the minimum grade you would want slabbed. If it's going to come out under that number, they'll send it back unslabbed. -Now it's my understanding that goes for general card grading, but I'm not sure how it applies to autos. In any event, I'm relatively certain BGS won't slab a zero (fake/significantly altered card) no matter what.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

If it isn't an autograph that is certified by a card company then you'll have to send it to JSA for authentication and not BGS for grading. They're totally different services
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

You will have to ship it to JSA and the Auto being authenticated will cost about $25.00 depending on the player. Then they will send it to beckett saying if its real or fake then beckett will grade it if its real.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

thanks for the help everyone. sent my pujols buyback in today with a 2 shipping turnaround. if its not real, lesson learned. at least i will be in that time frame to get my money back

I think those Bowman Pujols buybacks are the cards I most commonly see that are fake. Was yours in a sealed, tamper proof case? Did you remove it? I would imagine you'll have to send to JSA
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

they wont slab a faked auto

@keyser: yes it did come in a tamper proof case that had the seal on it. and also said certified auto.