`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This whole sight sucks, and falsely advertises

RE: This whole sight sucks, and falsely advertises
lol You can see your prices if you pay....unless.... you are one of those people that used to go to the bookstore to look up all of your cards instead of buying the magazine and doing it at home lol

yes i too had trouble on this site when i first started but they have modified it and the site runs rather smoothly now and there are a lot of cool members who will help you with using the site tools
i actually wish all of the people on the fly by night trading websites would join this one, beckett even though it is not perfect is actually the most trusted website for trading that u will find so if u are looking to trade you will not find a better website
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]

Yes but, he will not believe or like what he'll see.
Didn't you even read his manifesto? He is definitely not pro sight!
You're just making fun of him! "Book store" HOW DARE YOU!
Wait.... Audio Books = Audio BECKETT PRICE GUIDE!!!
He needs Dragon!

(02-14-2012, 01:43 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: lol You can see your prices if you pay....unless.... you are one of those people that used to go to the bookstore to look up all of your cards instead of buying the magazine and doing it at home lol

*puts mod hat on*

Could you please point out where the false advertising is? I want to make sure this is corrected. When I am on the front page I see an image that says "Checklists, pricing, etc." On this image is a Subscribe now button. When I click it, I'm directed to a page where I can choose my subscription. That subscription is what allows you to view prices of cards. The same goes for the magazine to a point. No dealer is going to let you come in for hours a day, every day, pricing your collection. They're eventually going to ask you to buy a magazine of your own which would be your monthly subscription. However, this site allows you to keep track of your collection as well (also for a subscription if you want to put in more than 100 cards) and whenever you pay for pricing, your collection is already there and available to "real time" (I hold that term in speculation) pricing.

As for your comments on everyone being 30+, playing Magic or Pokemon, etc...while I believe you were trying to be vague and snarky, I would like to point out that I don't fit ANY of your characteristics you stated. I've never played Magic (and it's really called Magic The Gathering), never played Pokemon (my 3 year old does collect them though), haven't reached 30 yet, I don't have any LCS or card shops around here so I can't hang out in one. To let you know who some of us are, I've been collecting for 19+ years, have a family, a career, and collecting is my hobby, not my life (though at times I feel like it, lol).

However, if you really dislike this site, I'm really sorry that you haven't given it a shot. There are AMAZING members here, awesome trading (it's down at times just like traffic on the forums), and there are some amazing collections that are shared. We keep everyone in the loop, make sure nobody takes anyone for granted, and have amazing basketball discussions. If you would take longer than 15 minutes, I'm sure you would really come to see that this site is nothing but amazing (yes, it has defects, every site does, this coming from a web developer) but it's much better community wise than most sites of this type (no, I'm not being biased, I've thought that since I signed up).

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me (though I would think from your post that you won't be on here anymore).

Your friendly neighborhood Moderator,
XstreamINsanity

(Note***: While Beckett could help, Beckett is not the reason collecting isn't as mainstream as it was before.)
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

xstreaminsanity +1 I appreciate that one of the Beckett members took the time to explain this new Beckett member the pros to the site.

What I don't like about this new member, is he kept saying that the site "sucks", but he never mentioned what he didn't like it, except he can't see prices of cards. Not sure if he signed up for a subscription. Take in account of his short time logged onto Beckett and rude comments, he never paid for a subscription. He never explained where false advertising is/was....

I used to love looking at the old Beckett magazines. I bought them all when I was a kid (1990-95) after that I was in high school & had to spend money elsewhere, so my collecting days were limited. I paid for a subscription between 2000-01 & again in 2006-08. After that I started paying for the OPG, which I like better for looking up prices of cards... but I do miss reading all the articles & looking at the advertisements. It is not the same reading articles online. I disliked when Beckett combined their monthly magazine to include all sports & the individual mags are put out every few months (forgot if it was every 2 or 3 months?)...

I wish new Beckett members would take the time to introduce themselves, what they collect, or collected.... & ask their questions... ask help for what ever their intentions are... At least give the website a try for a few days.. it doesn't hurt to spend a few minutes online, ask your question. Then come back the next day to see what the answers are..

In my opinion this new member wanted to see what his cards from a decade ago are worth.. he doesn't want to get back into collecting nor does he want to trade. If that was the case, then the comments would of been a little more polite & he would get some answers, not sarcasm as a response. This thread was a funny read... I enjoyed my laugh for the night.

by the way, I do have a complete set of Magic the Gathering 2nd edition, never been played with. My brother also has one.. we decided to put them together... while watching all our friends play with the cards... we were sports collectors at heart, so we knew they would be worth a lot down the road... they are my pride & joy of my non-sports collections..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(02-14-2012, 01:04 AM)1Johniscool3 Wrote: I spent like a 20 minutes signing up to this stupid sight so I could find card prices cause when I first got on it made it appear I needed to register so I could get prices. Now that I have done that I still cant see any prices for my collection. This sight sucks and now that you cant just pick up a beckett magazine anywhere its a pain in the ***** to try and find the REAL value of any of my cards. No wonder beckett books arent in any of the mainstream stores anymore. the print section of their company is obviously ran as bad or even worse than their crappy website and IT departments. Maybe if they would do some PR and try and bring card collecting back to the mainstream it would no longer be only for 30+ year old shut ins as it has become now who have no life but to sit in cardshops plaing magic and pokemon snarfling everytime someone plays a card with some chick in skimpy clothes on it. Anyways, this sight sucks and I wish I could get the last half hour of my life back. Guess Ill just put my basketball cards back in the closet for another 15 years. I cant believe I used to buy your publication every month back when I was 12. Thanks for nothing beckett. QUIT WASTING PEOPLE TIME WITH YOUR MISLEADING CRAPPY CHARLETON WEBSITE.
delete this post. Put your ninja turtle cards back in the closet and move on!!!!

(02-14-2012, 01:04 AM)1Johniscool3 Wrote: QUIT WASTING PEOPLE TIME WITH YOUR MISLEADING CRAPPY CHARLETON WEBSITE.
Sorry, you're obviously mistaken. THIS is the Charleton website: http://www.charleton.co.uk/ . Now stop wasting our time, you charlatan.

And +1 for Jpleazme for writing a bigger post than Xstream, lol.

+1 Xstream and jpleazme805, I am fairly new to this Beckett community and I have never found anything misleading or any false advertising by the beckett board. But that may be because I read everything before I got started and then when I didn't understand something I found that the other collector's on here were more than willing to help me out.... THANKS EVERYONE. Again though I believe I as most people on here understood from the start that you can't run a business for free. I use to pay for the magazines just like jpleaz and I loved reading all the articles also but this for me is so much better because you have the interaction of other collector's and other basketball fan's. I guess for one it doesn't bother me to pay for a membership here because I was paying for the magazines before(which I still find @ all bookstores and hobby shops). To me by some of his comments that he isn't a true collector I am not sure what he was looking for but I am sorry that he didn't give it a better shot than he did. For someone who wants the hobby to come back so bad he sure gave up quick... just my observation.

As for the 30+ comment, I do fall into the age group he is talking about(age only). I am 48 blessed with a beautiful wife 2 wonderful boys and a 6 figure income(not bragging just trying to make a point) I am on here because I enjoy this hobby and I hope my boys will join in one day. I also enjoy golf, fishing and woodworking. I have never owned, (played or had the desire to) any magic the gathering cards.

I wish you good luck in your hunt for the perfect trading website and good RIDDANCE.

1Johniscool3 - so you don't have to look it up. Webster's definition of "Riddance":
deliverance, relief —often used in the phrase good riddance especially to
express relief that someone or something has gone.....

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]