`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great mail day ! With a sad note

Great mail day ! With a sad note
This was the great part of my mail day ! Thanks to a member on here I obtained my 2 nd A rod auto..
[Image: 94d09680.jpg]

Here is the sad not TAPE ! It came undone and the cards were all over in the mailer except the Jeter RC that stuck to the tape, it now has a nice spot of tape residue on it and sticks to the penny sleeve ... Again on a side note, if your tradeing with me and do not have team bags please pm me before mailing my cards and I will ship you some to mail my cards in !!!

[Image: 60fd8f45.jpg]
[Image: db3aacd4.jpg]

RE: Great mail day ! With a sad note
damn!! that really is sad.

Bummer, Jake! At least the sweet ARod auto takes the sting out of it.

Here's my 2 cents: if guys are in a pinch and need to ship but don't have a team bag, at least make a top to bottom wrap-around sleeve with a piece of folded paper secured with tape. Basically, like a sideways Kit Kat wrapper. -There's no need to mess up top loaders with tape on all four sides. (Not to mention the potential for damaging cards). The best route, of course, is to drop 2 or 3 bucks on a stack of team bags.

[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Nice on the AROD! That dies suck about the Jeter though.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I have a few of those Jake I will send you one but it will be in a PWE if you want one.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(02-13-2012, 09:05 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I have a few of those Jake I will send you one but it will be in a PWE if you want one.
I would love that,thanks man. You are who inspired me to start collecting the early years of Jeter.
(02-13-2012, 08:05 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Bummer, Jake! At least the sweet ARod auto takes the sting out of it.

Here's my 2 cents: if guys are in a pinch and need to ship but don't have a team bag, at least make a top to bottom wrap-around sleeve with a piece of folded paper secured with tape. Basically, like a sideways Kit Kat wrapper. -There's no need to mess up top loaders with tape on all four sides. (Not to mention the potential for damaging cards). The best route, of course, is to drop 2 or 3 bucks on a stack of team bags.
+1 I had to have my team bags shipped and I used to use tape until I seen the damaged that could happen on here. I have been really lucky so far. The bad thing is the tape came undone and the other cards got bent corners from flying around in the mailer. It was not a high $ trade or anything, but I am hopeing that if we keep posting the damage tape can do others will get it and stop using it in this way.
And yes the A rod took the sting out for me for sure !
(02-13-2012, 08:08 PM)beginesj Wrote: Nice on the AROD! That dies suck about the Jeter though.
Thanks man, I love this card. I love that the auto is on card and the hand numbering. I didn't think I would like it encapseled but I do, it's really great !

I would love to get an Arod auto one day. That one is pretty sick!
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

(02-13-2012, 09:38 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: I would love to get an Arod auto one day. That one is pretty sick!
Thanks a lot ! I think it is too. Part of the trade for it was the Castro auto..I think I got a great trade on it and it looks great in my PC ! Now I want another jeter auto and a Johnny Damon for my pc.

I send trades out in old socks. Unwashed even.

Some people do need to lay off the tape, and booze.
Happy Valentines day to all your wives and girlfriends!
..... you folks too, I guess.

I don't always use team bags, I use painters tape. Its just as good and never hurts the cards.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html