Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one would you rather buy?

RE: Which one would you rather buy?
rarer one
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

First and foremost, I do not accept or adhere to the "official" RC slogan or classification by whomever decided to call certain cards RC's.

Like others I consider any card printed during a players Rookie year a Rookie Card. All this not a RC because it's an insert or its serial numbered lower or the card wasn't produced in a nationally distributed product with a full checklist is malarkey. I don't think we have seen a full unlimited checklist since around 2007. All these sets with 2-4 players from each team is horse squat....

and again like others as for me I buy what I can afford and try for both, if I was to purchase from collector where he said I could only buy one or the other. Then I would buy the rarer one. Anticipating that I can find the more common one later from someone else. Could you really just buy one..........don't think sooo....
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

The true rc thing wasnt such a problem in the 90's and early 2000's. But now days, card companies produce so many parallels, inserts, game used, auto's, etc... The true rc is just the base card of the main set. If you didnt have that, then what is the point of collecting? What would they put in packs? You would end up with a bunch of inserts instead of base cards and then those wouldnt be desired. So I do believe there needs to be a "true rc" in every set or else theres nothing to base a set off of. Thats all collecting is. Its classifying cards into different categories. If true rcs didnt exist, we would already have over 1200 cam newton rc cards rather than 29. That in my mind, is malarky lol. Look at sets like contenders, national treasures, exquisite, etc. The base card of the rc's in those sets are much more valuable and desired than any of the same players cards out of the same set even if they arent as rare.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(02-14-2012, 02:35 AM)nthnoak Wrote: The true rc thing wasnt such a problem in the 90's and early 2000's. But now days, card companies produce so many parallels, inserts, game used, auto's, etc... The true rc is just the base card of the main set. If you didnt have that, then what is the point of collecting? What would they put in packs? You would end up with a bunch of inserts instead of base cards and then those wouldnt be desired. So I do believe there needs to be a "true rc" in every set or else theres nothing to base a set off of. Thats all collecting is. Its classifying cards into different categories. If true rcs didnt exist, we would already have over 1200 cam newton rc cards rather than 29. That in my mind, is malarky lol. Look at sets like contenders, national treasures, exquisite, etc. The base card of the rc's in those sets are much more valuable and desired than any of the same players cards out of the same set even if they arent as rare.
Base cards are important, I know a lot of people can't stand them but I sure wish there were some Navorro base cards, inserts and whatever for 2011. Nope just as you mentioned 1200 different Cam Newtons which only 29 are True (RC). and 0 Navorro Base cards, or inserts or anything. I feel cheated.....Going to have to start making my own cards......
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(02-14-2012, 03:09 AM)warcraftin Wrote: Base cards are important, I know a lot of people can't stand them but I sure wish there were some Navorro base cards, inserts and whatever for 2011. Nope just as you mentioned 1200 different Cam Newtons which only 29 are True (RC). and 0 Navorro Base cards, or inserts or anything. I feel cheated.....Going to have to start making my own cards......
Well your right on the 2011 thing but Navorro has like 150 something cards and 20 are true rcs. And those true rcs are the base cards in the set. Im kind of surprised actually that he doesnt have anything for 2011. I didnt realize that until now but Im actually kind of happy. I think companies put out way too many cards of players these days.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/