`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFLAC

AFLAC
Just got my two 2011 Bowman Draft AFLAC cards back from Topps today. The Archie Bradley came back a gem mint 10 but the Dylan Bundy came back an EX-MT+ 6.5, a bit dissapointing to say the least. Does anyone out ther know if there is a way to check the subgrades like there is with Beckett grading? Should I submit it to Becket to see if it comes back with a better grade?

RE: AFLAC
MAJOR MEDICAL, BOYEEE!

(02-13-2012, 11:55 AM)rossmaute Wrote: MAJOR MEDICAL, BOYEEE!
LOL!!!!

I don;t think you can check subgrades on PSA. I'd give it a shot at BGS but there must be some flaw for it to go that low
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(02-13-2012, 11:57 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: LOL!!!!

I don;t think you can check subgrades on PSA. I'd give it a shot at BGS but there must be some flaw for it to go that low
You're probably right but it would be nice to know what was wrong. To the naked eye it looks as good as the Bradley

I have the Bundy, and the chipping is really bad along the edge, it's real noticeable on the back of the card. Check yours out, probably the same issue

And BGS will not grade that card, because Topps was stupid and didn't change anything about the card that would allow BGS to differentiate the packed out signed version from the original unsigned AFLAC card that given out at the game and was signed IP (or potentially forged). PSA would only do it because, one would speculate, they were more willing to whore themselves out to the blank check that Topps probably had to send them to guarantee and encapsulate cards that can't be guaranteed. The only thing BGS would do it have it reviewed, authenticated and slabbed by JSA
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

Why wouldn't Beckett grade it if it was authenticated and graded by PSA first?

I thought that there was just a deal put in place with PSA that they would do the grading for free on the Aflac cards. I've never seen anything about BGS not grading them
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Topps did not label the cards with a sticker or anything. No mention on the card of it being a certified Topps auto, so there is no way for BGS to know if they are looking at this card:

[Image: BundyAflac.jpg]

that had a forged auto placed on it by some *****, or this card:

[Image: BundyAFLACAuto.jpg]

I own both of those cards. The first one was the original AFLAC card that was handed out at the game. The auto'd one is the one pulled from Bowman Draft packs. Topps did NOTHING different to the "certified" version to seperate it from the original unsigned AFLAC auto. That's why Topps reached a special deal with PSA to authenticate the auto and grade the card.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

cspen when did you mail off your cards? I'm still waiting on mine to return
Trade Site

ALWAYS COLLECTING ALEX RODRIGUEZ RC, AUTO'S

(02-13-2012, 09:40 PM)nixsfan1188 Wrote: cspen when did you mail off your cards? I'm still waiting on mine to return
Topps received them December 30 so about six weeks I guess.