Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your Holy Grail?

RE: What is your Holy Grail?
I have a few..

David Wright 2002 Bowman Chrome Gold Auto refractor they go for about 1K to 1.5K
Bruce Lee Ginter Relic
52 Mantle any grade, just want to have one
Any pre 1920 Ty Cobb card
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

VERY SIMPLE FOR ME
1986-87 FLEER MICHAEL JORDAN
AND
ANY NICE VINTAGE TOPPS MANTLE CARD. I HAD A 62 POST BUT SOLD IT WHEN I WAS 17 Sad
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

The Pujols in my Sig is my Holy Grail in my Collection now. I sold a ton of cards to purchase that card back in August of 2011. My true Holy Grail would be a 9.5/10 2009 SP Authentic Derek Jeter 1993 SP Buyback Autograph #279 /93

But I know darn well I will never be able to afford that unless I sell a kidney or my Jeep or maybe hit the lottery.....
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

Looking to see if anyone and help with me. How do I tell if I have 92 super dks

(06-26-2019, 09:16 AM)jrb6866 Wrote: Looking to see if anyone and help with me. How do I tell if I have 92 super dks
Why are you posting in a 7 Year old thread. You need to start your own thread. Try Again as you will get better results.

(06-26-2019, 09:37 AM)Simpleton Wrote: Why are you posting in a 7 Year old thread. You need to start your own thread. Try Again as you will get better results.
+1

Hey ! congrats on your team's championship! You've been a true fan for as long as I remember you being here! Loyalty is eventually rewarded!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This is a pretty interesting thread to revive actually. I wonder how many people would change their "Holy Grail" card, and how many now would add something Mike Trout related?

My realistic Holy Grail card is absolutely the 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout, as he is quickly becoming one of the top 5 greatest players of all time.

(06-26-2019, 02:52 PM)jbissell Wrote: This is a pretty interesting thread to revive actually. I wonder how many people would change their "Holy Grail" card, and how many now would add something Mike Trout related?

My realistic Holy Grail card is absolutely the 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout, as he is quickly becoming one of the top 5 greatest players of all time.
Do I need glasses, or are you guys seeing something I don't see?!

2017 Trout stats: 17th best BA, 22nd most HRs, not in top 50 for RBI
2018 Trout stats: 5th best BA, 4th most HRs, not in top 50 for RBI
2019 Trout stats so far: 17th best BA, 7th most HRs, 12th most RBI

Good? Yes. Top 5 greatest all-time? Yikes! I would put him maybe in top 50.

Are you basing it on his charisma with the fans? Or, that he plays in LA? No matter what you guys say, I have to disagree that he is one of the greatest all-time.

He's not in the top 5 greatest of all time yet. However, the fact that he's arguably in the top 50 and he's not even 28 yet speaks volumes to me.

I think the advanced metrics that are being used now like WAR and whatnot are what will enhance Trout's resume. He has 2 MVP's already as well, and I think he's cruising towards a 3rd this year, and I predict he'll end up with 5 before he retires. The fact he's not marred by any PED scandal is helpful as well.

Just my humble opinion.

(06-27-2019, 09:52 AM)jbissell Wrote: He's not in the top 5 greatest of all time yet. However, the fact that he's arguably in the top 50 and he's not even 28 yet speaks volumes to me.

I think the advanced metrics that are being used now like WAR and whatnot are what will enhance Trout's resume. He has 2 MVP's already as well, and I think he's cruising towards a 3rd this year, and I predict he'll end up with 5 before he retires. The fact he's not marred by any PED scandal is helpful as well.

Just my humble opinion.
I respect your opinion. I think the fact that I am one of the very few that DO NOT own a 2011 Topps Update Trout card (in fact, no 2011 Topps Update cards) influences my opinion that most people are caught up in the hype versus actual performance.

I also laugh when I hear people say "he will be the next Vlad Jr.", when clearly he has done nothing yet. So, we shall see what happens in the future with Mr. LA.