`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards loose in envelope, undamaged, from new seller

Cards loose in envelope, undamaged, from new seller
Ordered two cards from a guy with only 2 feedback the other day. I was able to score them for a song due to his poor use of search keywords and I guess his low feedback. The estimate for delivery shows Monday so I was pleased to have the package in the mailbox today. So far things were looking awesome.

Then I open the envelope and both cards come tumbling out, loose, not even in a penny sleeve. Miraculously there's no obvious damage to them.

Since he's new I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and asked if he knew the cards were loose like that since he had a lot of cards listed. My reasoning is if this guy really is just starting out and is that clueless, I'd be a nice guy and give him some pointers. After all, my cards ARE undamaged.

He responds that he drops his items off at a shipping company and they do all of that for him.

Now, I'm not trying to question him on this at all, but the bubble mailer was handwritten in magic marker for return address and our address. To me, speculating, he realizes he's messed up and is pawning it off on a "shipping company." Still, I remember what it was like starting out and not knowing a lot of stuff.

So I tried to as nicely as possible explain that as the seller, it's his responsibility to get items to his customers as securely and safely as possible, ESPECIALLY when dealing with sports cards as we are an anal retentive bunch.

I don't think bad feedback should be left since I mean everything else about the transaction went smoothly. Hate to beat a newb up too badly. I am thinking my emails to him should be enough.

Thoughts from you guys before I go further?
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Cards loose in envelope, undamaged, from new seller
I follow one rule when shipping and It started with my first ebay sale. I ship my items the way I would like them shipped to me. I love bubble wrap and all my buyers know it.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

id give him negative still
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

I did a similar thing. I won a bunch of auctions off this guy (kinda) - we settled on a price for 2 cards I NEEDED - and the rest I bought just because we worked out a deal that if I bought all 10 eBay items, he'd ship for 4 bucks.

I got the cards I wanted just fine - but a few were bent (no toploaders).

I email him and say - hey, you are getting a positive because I'm satisfied - great deal, and essentially some free stuff,..,,but: "you need to package the cards better - a few had creases...."

His reply? "hey, I lost money on shipping, you should be happy.".

He followed that up with spamming his auctions by emailing me with his new listings... Um, no thanks.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Them not being in a sleeve within a hard case wouldve set me off. No matter what you should no better than that. I think you were very kind. And I dont think negative feedback is necessary. The emails should be enough.

(02-10-2012, 09:41 PM)y2hood Wrote: Ordered two cards from a guy with only 2 feedback the other day. I was able to score them for a song due to his poor use of search keywords and I guess his low feedback. The estimate for delivery shows Monday so I was pleased to have the package in the mailbox today. So far things were looking awesome.

Then I open the envelope and both cards come tumbling out, loose, not even in a penny sleeve. Miraculously there's no obvious damage to them.

Since he's new I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and asked if he knew the cards were loose like that since he had a lot of cards listed. My reasoning is if this guy really is just starting out and is that clueless, I'd be a nice guy and give him some pointers. After all, my cards ARE undamaged.

He responds that he drops his items off at a shipping company and they do all of that for him.

Now, I'm not trying to question him on this at all, but the bubble mailer was handwritten in magic marker for return address and our address. To me, speculating, he realizes he's messed up and is pawning it off on a "shipping company." Still, I remember what it was like starting out and not knowing a lot of stuff.

So I tried to as nicely as possible explain that as the seller, it's his responsibility to get items to his customers as securely and safely as possible, ESPECIALLY when dealing with sports cards as we are an anal retentive bunch.

I don't think bad feedback should be left since I mean everything else about the transaction went smoothly. Hate to beat a newb up too badly. I am thinking my emails to him should be enough.

Thoughts from you guys before I go further?
Give him a neutral with a mention in the feedback
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

Any dingbat knows you don't send cards unprotected in an envelope... He was just trying to be as cheap as possible shipping them to you... I say ding his feedback, and also his shipping stars if he charged you for shipping... You got lucky... What would of happened if the cards showed up damaged???
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Leave positive and say you discussed better shipping methods with him.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Yeah either leave positive or neutral. In your case it did work out but he does need to be educated. I know from personally experience how much it sucks to get negative so I never want to get it again. Thats why I provide IMO the best shipping experience for every customer.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

For those of you saying to leave negative, "take a chill pill!" The cards arrived on time and as expected. There was no damage, so in that respect, the seller did his part. That isn't to say that it will always happen this way, but in this instance, it was a 100% positive experience and the buyer got the cards in the condition expected. You can't ding someone for what "could have happened," you can only ding them if it happens.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]