`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?

RE: Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?
Very nice!!! I had never seen this card before, and after reading through your post its obvious, its pretty rare and even harder to find in good shape!!! I might look into finding one down here to see what i can find!!

(11-16-2013, 02:16 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Just purchased this 1962 Topps Venezuelan Luis Aparicio. It's pretty beat up but is among Aparicio's rarest cards when you consider the circumstances around it.

First, given Luis' immense popularity in Venezuela, his limited Venezuelan cards were/are highly prized in his country and the 1962 is among the harder Topps Venezuelans to find and in decent condition, although any Topps VZ Aparicio should be considered a great find.

Next, his 1962 VZ card was deliberately inserted into the 198 card set, as card #200 (197 & 198 apparently were never printed). His U.S. card number is 325. The hasty customized effort to get him into the set is apparent with the white borders around the woodgrain borders. The same can be seen with Elio Chacon also inserted into the set as card #199.

There are only 5 graded 1962 Topps Venezuelan Aparicios in the ENTIRE Graded Card Universe, all five with PSA, the highest grading an EX 5.

[Image: 1962VZAparicio_zpsf3fa7e61.jpg]
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

As I mentioned, the other one to look for in the 62 set is Elio Chacon. Good luck and keep us posted with all your pickups.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Its been a while since I last posted around here, but I didnt have anything to share or any new cards. Today I just bought one more card for my 64 topps venezuelan set, I got Clete Boyer number 69 on the set so that drops my needs to 12 cards, includign Mantle and the AL Bombers card. Dont have the card in my hands yet, Ill post it when I get it. 96.75% complete now.

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(04-21-2014, 10:16 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Its been a while since I last posted around here, but I didnt have anything to share or any new cards. Today I just bought one more card for my 64 topps venezuelan set, I got Clete Boyer number 69 on the set so that drops my needs to 12 cards, includign Mantle and the AL Bombers card. Dont have the card in my hands yet, Ill post it when I get it. 96.75% complete now.
Good to hear from you and keep us posted on progress. Sounds like we're in nearly similar spots with our sets. I have 93.2% of my '66 set complete and the biggest name missing is Mantle. I could pick up some of the missing commons but I'm looking for at least a VGEX on these. Waiting for a small shipment of '64's including Yaz and LaRussa to arrive in the mail. Should put me close to 50% on that set.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(04-22-2014, 08:50 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Good to hear from you and keep us posted on progress. Sounds like we're in nearly similar spots with our sets. I have 93.2% of my '66 set complete and the biggest name missing is Mantle. I could pick up some of the missing commons but I'm looking for at least a VGEX on these. Waiting for a small shipment of '64's including Yaz and LaRussa to arrive in the mail. Should put me close to 50% on that set.
Good to know how youve progressed with that set, Ive learned its actually harder to finish once you are down to the last few cards. I was stuck on 13 for quite a while, now im glad to say im down to 10, yeah after I posted I bought 2 more cards I needed, numbers 3 and 7 which are the NL pitching leaders and the NL batting leaders which also corresponds to my first clemente card as well!! So 10 more to go now the AL bombers card is on ebay but im not wiling to pay that much for it.

Received this yesterday, directly from Venezuela . . .

[Image: scan0007_zpsc334f385.jpg]

[Image: scan0008_zps500f8106.jpg]

(04-30-2014, 09:55 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Received this yesterday, directly from Venezuela . . .

[Image: scan0007_zpsc334f385.jpg]

[Image: scan0008_zps500f8106.jpg]
That one looks very nice!!! congrats on the pick up!!! How did you go with at the shipping??? what company did they use to send it to you???

(04-30-2014, 10:30 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: That one looks very nice!!! congrats on the pick up!!! How did you go with at the shipping??? what company did they use to send it to you???
I buy from a collector/dealer in Venezuelan who has relatives in Florida and Texas. He'll let me know what he has and when either he or his relatives land in the US when traveling to and from Venezuela, I send him a payment via paypal and the cards are sent through the US post office. Beckett Grading has known him for some time when he came into their offices to drop off cards and had good things to say about him and I've been buying from him ever since, for about the last 5-6 years.

I've seen some stories of cards not making it or even being sliced in half when shipped directly from VZ.

How's set going? I'm 25 away, just received two more 66s w/ the Yaz.

Hopefully you have been far from the recent violence. Be safe my friend.

(04-30-2014, 10:52 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: I buy from a collector/dealer in Venezuelan who has relatives in Florida and Texas. He'll let me know what he has and when either he or his relatives land in the US when traveling to and from Venezuela, I send him a payment via paypal and the cards are sent through the US post office. Beckett Grading has known him for some time when he came into their offices to drop off cards and had good things to say about him and I've been buying from him ever since, for about the last 5-6 years.

I've seen some stories of cards not making it or even being sliced in half when shipped directly from VZ.

How's set going? I'm 25 away, just received two more 66s w/ the Yaz.

Hopefully you have been far from the recent violence. Be safe my friend.
Yeah i did the same in one trade, sent them with my brother when we went up to florida, I dont trust mailcarriers down here. Im still 10 away, still waiting for the last ones i bought to arrive and add them. Ill probably be going to a show on the 18th so maybe I can find something.
What is the dealers name?? is it gilberto by any chance???

(05-03-2014, 07:12 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Yeah i did the same in one trade, sent them with my brother when we went up to florida, I dont trust mailcarriers down here. Im still 10 away, still waiting for the last ones i bought to arrive and add them. Ill probably be going to a show on the 18th so maybe I can find something.
What is the dealers name?? is it gilberto by any chance???
I've bought from Gilberto many times in the past and it appears he mails from FL somehow as well. Most of my recent purchases are from a gentleman named Enrique. Send me a PM with your email address and I can make an introduction if you'd like.