`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?

RE: Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?
(05-21-2013, 12:51 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: congrats on your feat as well!!! 92% for tthe 66s is awesome!!! and 40% is not bad at all either!!! I already spotted some to pick up next month including the mccovey, stargell, conigliaro and yaz!!! best part is the guy sells them to me for like 5 bucks each lol
Oh man, $5 Venezuelan Yaz, McCovey, Stargell or Conigliaro . . . that is awesome!!!
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(05-26-2013, 12:04 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Oh man, $5 Venezuelan Yaz, McCovey, Stargell or Conigliaro . . . that is awesome!!!
yeah i think its almost impossible to find a better deal than that!! He actually put them aside so that I could have them in the next show!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(02-18-2012, 04:13 PM)walth4 Wrote: 4's are definitely tough. The one I just subbed is probably the nicest one I've had in hand, so I can only hope for a 4! I'll definitely let you know how it turns out.

I've noticed that Dave has been bumping up the prices on those Venes. He's probably figured out that he's a pretty good hub to find them. I know I paid more than I wanted for the cards I purchased from him, but they are hard to find so I was willing to pay it.

I contacted John Rumierz to see if he can be of any additional help, so thanks for that tip!

Are you a member of the Topps Venezuela Yahoo Group? I haven't been involved much there, but it's another good place to do some networking.
Yeah, I think Dave has bumped up the cost quite a bit because those are the last VZ's he has with no new suppliers in sight. His main supplier in Venezuela, a gentleman named Enrique, now sells through eBay and directly whenever he flies up the the states. He's become my main resource and I mostly buy offline from him.

As for John, I've been eyeing some of his rarer Latin issues. He definitely has many unique cards all the way around.

I have joined Yahoo group and it has a lot of great and expert info there.

Thanks for the note and I'll keep you posted on any Twins I might come across.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

I went to a card show yesterday and had an unexpected turn of events!!! I found almost all the commons I needed to complete the set!!!! I reached 90% and am very confident I can finish it in the near future!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Great to hear and big congrats.

Do you ever see any really old Venezuelan cards from the 20s, 30s and 40s at these shows? The oldest I've ever seen for sale are from the 30s but can't recall the name of the manufacturer.

(06-17-2013, 03:16 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Great to hear and big congrats.

Do you ever see any really old Venezuelan cards from the 20s, 30s and 40s at these shows? The oldest I've ever seen for sale are from the 30s but can't recall the name of the manufacturer.
Hummm not that ive ever noticed, but the guy does have cards from all venezuelan sets. Ill have a look next time im there, i actually dont know when the first cards were produced here. Ill investigate!!

Im back around here, when to my usual card show this past weekend and bought 20 more cards for my set!!! So now I am really close to completing this!!! I just reached 94% of the set and im only missing 22 cards!!! Seems like a pretty doable quest now that im here

[Image: 64venezuelans_zpsa31441da.jpg]

Wow, very nice! You are nearing the finish line for a set where there are very, very few completed ones. Huge accomplishment to even get to this point. I am down to needing only 27 cards to complete my 66 set myself. I've made a couple of connections through this forum in case you haven't seen it. There are some local Venezuelan members which may be able to help you. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toppsvenezuela/ Keep me posted on your progress and happy hunting.

(08-26-2013, 08:39 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Wow, very nice! You are nearing the finish line for a set where there are very, very few completed ones. Huge accomplishment to even get to this point. I am down to needing only 27 cards to complete my 66 set myself. I've made a couple of connections through this forum in case you haven't seen it. There are some local Venezuelan members which may be able to help you. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toppsvenezuela/ Keep me posted on your progress and happy hunting.
Wow youre almost done with the 66 set as well!! hope you can finish it off quickly!!! Thanks for the group link, I requested the administrator so that I can join it. Ill keep posting my finds but things get a little more difficult now with 22 to go, Im missing the Mantle, Banks, Mays, Yaz, Killebrew and Mccovey along with 5 of the Era, pitching, batting, rbi leaders and also the AL Bombers card with Mantle so thats 12 that can be harder to find. The other 10 I think i can spot quickly.

(08-26-2013, 08:39 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Wow, very nice! You are nearing the finish line for a set where there are very, very few completed ones. Huge accomplishment to even get to this point. I am down to needing only 27 cards to complete my 66 set myself. I've made a couple of connections through this forum in case you haven't seen it. There are some local Venezuelan members which may be able to help you. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toppsvenezuela/ Keep me posted on your progress and happy hunting.
By the way, if you want let me know which cards you need. I will be going to a card show next sunday and maybe I can find a few and send them via dhl or something. I think ive seen some 66s there.