`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?

RE: Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?
(08-22-2012, 02:28 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Congratulations, looks like we're both going down the stretch on our 64 and 66 sets. Hope you land a great Clemente, Mantle, and Mays. I just picked up a 64 VZ Yaz myself. I'm a huge Yaz fan and thought I would never find one in decent shape, even though the focus is off. Hope to share it in a photobucket soon.

Do you ever use Mercado Libre? It's been a while since I looked but noticed some Topps Venezuelans posted there in the past.
Yeah Im familiar with mercadolibre but I havent checked to see if any are there in quite a while, Ill go look right now!!! I cant see the Yaz, says the page isnt available for some reason

°° just checked mercadolibre, no 64s on there right now. Ill keep looking
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Well, like you I am also a huge fan of 64 VZ Yaz. And I completely agree with you that there is no decent shape I have been found here and even on photobucket. I was hooping that someone will post there on photobucket which I can choose from.

(09-05-2012, 11:13 AM)DanielTaylor Wrote: Well, like you I am also a huge fan of 64 VZ Yaz. And I completely agree with you that there is no decent shape I have been found here and even on photobucket. I was hooping that someone will post there on photobucket which I can choose from.
Im looking for that Yaz, hopefully I can find a decent copy of it.

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Just hit 90% completion on my '66 Venezuelan set, only 33 cards of 370 to go. This stretch might be a little tougher and expensive, needing Mantle, Palmer RC, and Clemente/Aaron/Mays Leaders. I just barely missed out on an opportunity to get that leader card.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(01-16-2013, 05:26 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Just hit 90% completion on my '66 Venezuelan set, only 33 cards of 370 to go. This stretch might be a little tougher and expensive, needing Mantle, Palmer RC, and Clemente/Aaron/Mays Leaders. I just barely missed out on an opportunity to get that leader card.
thats great to hear!! Hope you can find the remaining 10% at a fair price and in decent conditions!! Good luck!

PS: im stuck at 68% of completion, I havent bought any in a while. Ill try to add some next month and Ill show them here.

Kudo's to you guys for even coming close to finishing any of those sets. I have only 1 Venezuelan in my collection...

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_zps0dd03cef.jpg]

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_back...8ea7da.jpg]

It may be years before I add another one..
Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(02-21-2013, 08:27 PM)scottzoe Wrote: Kudo's to you guys for even coming close to finishing any of those sets. I have only 1 Venezuelan in my collection...

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_zps0dd03cef.jpg]

[Image: 1967_topps_venzuelan_245_conigliaro_back...8ea7da.jpg]

It may be years before I add another one..
Scott
Thats one great looking card!!! Its so hard to find them in decent shape!!! I only have three from that set and they dont look nearly as good as yours!!!
[Image: WillieMays1.jpg]
[Image: WillieMays2.jpg]
[Image: SandyKoufax67.jpg]
[Image: CarlHubbell.jpg]

I love those retired cards from the 67 set...maybe some day I'll be able to add the Ted Williams to my collection. I guess I spoke too soon about it being years before I pick up another Venezuelan...I have a 1964 tony C coming in. I'll post scans when it arrives.
Scott

(02-25-2013, 05:15 PM)scottzoe Wrote: I love those retired cards from the 67 set...maybe some day I'll be able to add the Ted Williams to my collection. I guess I spoke too soon about it being years before I pick up another Venezuelan...I have a 1964 tony C coming in. I'll post scans when it arrives.
Scott
Awesome!!! be sure to post it when it arrives!!! I also think its time to thank coimbre for having started this thread about the venezuelans so we can just see them all in one place!!!

Here it 1964 Topps Venezuealan #287 Tony Conigliaro.

It's not the best, but it's also far from the worst I've seen...

[Image: 1967_topps_venezuelan_287_conigliaro_zpsb8e6732b.jpg]

[Image: 1967_topps_venezuelan_287_conigliaro_bac...4329d8.jpg]

Scott