`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 3.44 Average
Randi's Handy Hints
02-10-2012, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 06:41 PM by rayeates.)
RE: Randi's Handy Hints
You hit the nail on the head there! There was a survey that they issued a few months ago to ask as what people rate their cards as, without being graded by a pro. The consensus came back as NrMt(8) and the values were changed accordingly. Now every card that you have in your Org. rated Mint(9) is booked at 125% of the BV.

I wrote a thread about it a little while back:
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1474877.html
I have mentioned in the thread a way to change the status of your cards quickly. You won't have to go through your entire Org, but you will have to change any cards that you have marked as above or below NrMt(8). It is a HUGE hassle, I know! I hope that this helps you out!

Oh... and thank you for the heads-up about Costco and Sam's Club!!!

Randi

(02-10-2012 05:45 PM)mswatson Wrote:  Let me see if I understand this correctly. Last year, I broke a pack of let's say UD Series 2, and when I added them into the organizer, they came in as Mint (9) unless I changed them. This year, when I break a pack of UD Series 2 and add them into the organizer, they'll add in as NmMt (8) unless of course I change them. The condition/quality of this year's cards is probably indistinguishable from last years but now Beckett by default rates them differently. Did the standard change - are pack fresh cards really NmMt(8) and not Mint(9)? When they did this, did they actually change the pricing so that a Mint(9) card that was priced at $1 was reassigned a value of $1.25? Or were we all overvaluing our cards by default?

So is the consensus that a pack fresh card is NmMt(8) or is it NmMt+(8.5)?

And, looking at my All Items, I have 104,144 items in organizer, how do I do this easily?

Thanks - Mark.

Photobucket
[Image: HALAK_zps26c7055e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
(02-10-2012 05:45 PM)mswatson Wrote:  Got a Sams Club or Costco nearby?? I get a box of 25 bubble mailers at my local Sams Club for $4.99.
We have a Costco, but it's basically useless to me (other than envelopes) and I cannot for the life of me, in my own head, justify paying a fee to a store for the right to spend money there.

Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com
02-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Great write up for sure! So happy someone has taken the time to do this, Very insightful. I have to throw in that being from Australia I can't just run down to my LCS and get soft sleeves, top loaders. etc or any other goodies I might need. So I have to rely heavily on the stuff other traders send to me.

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!
02-10-2012, 07:20 PM
nice post

so does this mean you mean you don't want a plain white envople mailed to you Randi? i need to stop the mail.... just kidding

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)
02-10-2012, 07:24 PM
(02-10-2012 07:09 PM)wickabee Wrote:  We have a Costco, but it's basically useless to me (other than envelopes) and I cannot for the life of me, in my own head, justify paying a fee to a store for the right to spend money there.

Well hopefully you will be able to find a place that can suit your needs and cut your costs soon!

Photobucket
02-10-2012, 07:26 PM
(02-10-2012 07:24 PM)rayeates Wrote:  Well hopefully you will be able to find a place that can suit your needs and cut your costs soon!

i paid for mind online.... at the time I got my mailers at $0.16 each Big Grin but the price went up but lucky for my i got a 200 case so i got a little while before I move all of those

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)
02-10-2012, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 07:28 PM by rayeates.)
(02-10-2012 07:10 PM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote:  Great write up for sure! So happy someone has taken the time to do this, Very insightful. I have to throw in that being from Australia I can't just run down to my LCS and get soft sleeves, top loaders. etc or any other goodies I might need. So I have to rely heavily on the stuff other traders send to me.

Thank you, Clint! I feel for you, man. If you ever need someone to mail you some top-loaders and sleeves, I will do what I can. Of course... I will not be able to do it for free! Haha!
(02-10-2012 07:20 PM)bonnev659 Wrote:  nice post

so does this mean you mean you don't want a plain white envople mailed to you Randi? i need to stop the mail.... just kidding

Just to be funny, huh J.J.? Haha!

Randi

Photobucket
02-10-2012, 07:46 PM
(02-10-2012 07:24 PM)rayeates Wrote:  Well hopefully you will be able to find a place that can suit your needs and cut your costs soon!

The amount I actually trade (I think a little over a hundred in two years) it's not breaking my bank or anything, so I'm cool.

I'm serious about not paying for the right to shop. That's just ridiculous to me.

Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com
02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Randi -

As always, great words of advice from an experienced and respected trader on these boards. I think you are definately in line for Sainthood........I mean becoming a MOD now.

Thank you for taking the time to put "Randi's Rules" out there. I thought for the most part is was pretty common knowledge amongst traders...but theres always those exceptions.

Personally I have to add. I dont mind if a trader contacts me and asks to send in a PWE as long as the card is protected in a Penny sleeve, toploader and team bag......AND ITS ONLY A COMMON CARD!

ANYTHING ELSE GOES IN PADDED OR BUBBLE MAILERS!!!! AND STOP USING TAPE ON TOPLOADERS!!!! TEAM BAGS ARE ONLY A BUCK OR TWO FOR LIKE A 100!!!

Just my two cents.

Thanks again Randi My friend. (THE NEW MOD) Big Grin

Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]
02-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Great info! Thanks for the detailed posting.

Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/