`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is happening???

What is happening???
I have purchased cards off of E-bay for several years with no problem. I have traded on here for three years with no problem. But maybe the law of averages is catching up to me.

1. I've had to leave my first negative feedback on Beckett a few weeks back. Left it after about six weeks went by with no cards. That was even though I sent mine out by the end of the week we made our trade.

2. I purchased a LeSean McCoy auto on E-Bay. I paid on January 14, 2011. Last week, after not receiving the card, I sent a reminder e-mail to the seller. I received no response and no card.

I just logged in again to send a second notice. I took the time to look at his prior feedback. He has one prior negative feedback.... for the SAME LeSean McCoy card! Apparently, he did not send the other guy the card either.

3. In December, I submitted a best offer for a Jimmy Rollins button card. The offer was automatically declined. I made no counter-offer as that is my standard practice. On Christmas Eve, I received an e-mail from the seller saying that I was close to what he wanted and if I offered about $10.00 more I could have it. I accepted.

A day or so goes by and the SELLER cancels my purchase! He e-mailed me and said he could not find the card. He thought he may have inadvertently done a double listing at some point and the first listing had sold previously.

I just find this all to be really odd as every transaction I made before has gone smoothly. Just thought I'd share.
[Image: Cards.jpg]

RE: What is happening???
that's pretty crappy man. it happens just odd that it's happened recently
no org, please do not send trade requests

Yeah I haven't really had a problem getting my cards really at all, besides a couple that took over a month and 2 that took multiple months, but I have always recieved them. but the service has been a little worse lately than it has ever been with certain transactions. (MAJOR KNOCK ON WOOD AFTER THAT STATEMENT!)
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Must be something in the water. I've been waiting for over a month now on a Verlander GU I bought a month ago. Also, I've been waiting to receive my cards in a trade that was accepted a month ago. And I've had a couple others where my trade partner (after accepting the trade and after i shipped mu end) has not been able to find the cards. It's weird that it has happened all of a sudden. I'm probably the most patient guy in the world though, so I give guys every benefit of the doubt so long as they remain communicative. I understand that life happens and mistakes get made. (in fact, i messed up a trade myself this week by sending 1 wrong card and shorting another in a large mini lot trade. -Of course, i was apologetic and eager to hold up my end of the bargain; honest mistake) After a month though my patience starts to wear thin.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

The good news is it can only get better from here lol

Man I agree with you, I think it is in the water. I have been screwing up lately. I am usually very careful and take a lot of time putting to bettor my trades, but I just seem to screw them up lately. I always fix my mistakes, but I just can't seem to pull it together ! Lol.. I think it's my situation at home, but it sounds like I am not the only one..

I've been buying cards on Ebay for about 14 years and had my first bad transaction this year. I bought a Starting Lineup card and figure. All I cared about was the card. The card ended up having a crease. The description of condition was very misleading. I sent a polite email letting them know I wasn't happy with the transaction. They sent back an extremely angry email. I wanted to respond back, but I just let it go.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.