`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 SPA

2011 SPA
Is it just me or does it feel like somehting is missing when looking at sp authentic and only seeing college jersey/auto patches. SPA IMO always had such awesome looking cards with Fantastic patches and to me these cards just feel like they are Bland. I was going to buy a few boxes then when i started to see what was being pulled I was like EHHH.. No thanks.
Just wanted to get other opinions. Almost feels like a high end Press Pass.. Smile I'll pass

RE: 2011 SPA
+1. Don't get me wrong, I like cards of guys in their college jerseys (of the schools I collect) but to see an SPA of any of the Giants (my main collecting interest) in their college jerseys is just disappointing.
SPA used to be the set I waited all year to come out, and bought a ton of it. Now I only buy a box or 2.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

I'm new to posting, but I have been reading here for a while now. The most interesting aspect of the SPA in my opinion, that many may not know... the patches and jerseys are not the jersey's any of these guys actually wore in college. I would love to know where they get the jersey's and what their explanation would be because I can guarantee, and I know personally, that they are not really jersey's that would be worn in college.

(02-09-2012, 03:42 PM)mbranda2 Wrote: I'm new to posting, but I have been reading here for a while now. The most interesting aspect of the SPA in my opinion, that many may not know... the patches and jerseys are not the jersey's any of these guys actually wore in college. I would love to know where they get the jersey's and what their explanation would be because I can guarantee, and I know personally, that they are not really jersey's that would be worn in college.

I actually really love the UD products and the college stuff. It puts a little diversity into the hobby rather than just having another same old same old product. But how do you know for sure the players never wore these jerseys? If you know that for sure, Im pretty sure you could shut UD down because dont the cards say right on them they were worn or whatever at some point in time?
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I'm honestly not sure what they say on the back, or what they purport them to be. For example, if UD has them do the signing, and brings a jersey with them and has the player put it on and take it off, I would think its not technically incorrect to say it was "worn." However, if you've ever seen pictures, held, or seen any of these jersey's in person, you can easily tell the fabric, patches, colors, etc are really not even close. I personally know this because I've worn them.

I actual;y kind of like these being in college unis. Gives it a little bit of change from all of the pro products beign released, and I get to get some more cards of OSU guys in Buckeye uniforms.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]

(02-09-2012, 03:30 PM)bselje Wrote: +1. Don't get me wrong, I like cards of guys in their college jerseys (of the schools I collect) but to see an SPA of any of the Giants (my main collecting interest) in their college jerseys is just disappointing.
SPA used to be the set I waited all year to come out, and bought a ton of it. Now I only buy a box or 2.
I Totally agree, I am a Cowboys fan and I loved the old SP stuff because for example I have a julius Jones sp authentic from 2004 with a sweet part of the STAR on it, i wouldnt even have considered buying it if it had him in a blah ND jersey, Not saying college stuff cant be cool, but being an NFL junkie just feel like I am missing out on something. I would have loved to have seen an SP authentic D. Murray with him in a Cowboys jersey with a sweet looking Patch. Would have been a must have for me this year. Just feel short changed.. Plus the design seems to be off for me this year too. Imagine not getting to see a 04 Manning SP authentic Giants card and just an Ol'Miss would've felt cheated.

Yea, unfortunately, I'm in a group break for this stuff... I'm also not a huge fan of NFL players in their college unis... I think for SPA, I will stick to buying the singles I want and avoid the boxes... and continue to wait for CONTENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

(02-09-2012, 10:22 PM)usafshelland Wrote: Yea, unfortunately, I'm in a group break for this stuff... I'm also not a huge fan of NFL players in their college unis... I think for SPA, I will stick to buying the singles I want and avoid the boxes... and continue to wait for CONTENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
+10000. Contenders always rocks. Smooth product. Always has been