`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a few concerns of late ..... if you're easily offended, don't read .....

RE: a few concerns of late ..... if you're easily offended, don't read .....
(02-09-2012, 09:22 AM)waynetalger Wrote: I have 4 trades that were offered to me since Monday. I apologize I couldnt reply to them yet. Me going early to work and then getting home late at night 10:00 pmish. Then leaving for 13 days because of my dads health, Writting my dads congressman and my congressman on the way Obama Care is treating our Vets. And now I may have to leave again due to he had Congestive Heart Failure two days ago. If the fluid is off hos heart they are going to run an exploritory cathiter to see if they missed any blockages. Right now my oldest brother is with him and I could leave at a moments notice. I am getting trade offers but it seems hard to get to them
That shouldn't be an issue with anyone, I hope all turns out well.
Current projects:
2014 Topps Heritage
2012 Gypsy Queen master set
Super Bowl Winning QB autos
1965 Topps baseball[Image: fellerryanben_zpse6968d67.jpg]

(02-08-2012, 08:37 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Keep preaching bean Smile .I pretty much quit talking about a trade when they are like im trading by SV.Ive also noticed a whole lot more sales threads lately than there was a few months ago.
Guilty... I'm liquidating my collection and I offer my cards here first, before anywhere else. I want my stuff to go to true collectors rather than a flipper on the bay.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

(02-09-2012, 09:22 AM)waynetalger Wrote: I have 4 trades that were offered to me since Monday. I apologize I couldnt reply to them yet. Me going early to work and then getting home late at night 10:00 pmish. Then leaving for 13 days because of my dads health, Writting my dads congressman and my congressman on the way Obama Care is treating our Vets. And now I may have to leave again due to he had Congestive Heart Failure two days ago. If the fluid is off hos heart they are going to run an exploritory cathiter to see if they missed any blockages. Right now my oldest brother is with him and I could leave at a moments notice. I am getting trade offers but it seems hard to get to them
i dont think you need to worry my friend...Family first...
i hope things get better for your father...
take care Wayne
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(02-08-2012, 08:40 PM)ft28jags Wrote: that will by in large go away when beckett starts charging people to sell their cards imo
They sort of do. Beckett takes 5% from the final sale.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

My trading last year went down a lot -only 5 trades I think- but it's not that I don't want to trade, it's like you said, it's harder to find people to make a good deal with. Generally if it's for a lower BV card, I will trade for just about anything, but it gets hairy when you start dealing with the higher BV cards. When it comes to those, I try and stick to the people I know unless the other person is willing to send first. I've made a few pretty high value trades with some members on here and with those people I wouldn't hesitate to send them my end first.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Interesting post...I have just recently set up an Organize and even considered trading. For me, since I only collect graded cards I'm pretty limited. However, I just completed my first trade and happily it was perfect! I traded 2 graded cards for 2 graded cards, since it was my first trade I had not issue with sending first and I received my cards a couple days later. Kinda cool really....
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

we'll keep you and our family in our thoughts and prayers ..... your reputation is flawless here, no need to worry bout cardboard when there's greater things on your mind Sad
I really didn't want to turn this into a BV vs SV thread, my concern is the amount of traders who have gone "south", and the poor trader ratings, ethics, etc. on sooooo many folks here Sad

I try and welcome all to our trading family Smile but am taking a step back to see if it's worth the risk of late.

As for so many of our friends, we thank you for all your help and support over the years, and we'll always be happy to trade with all of you Smile

(02-09-2012, 11:25 AM)dmasci Wrote: Interesting post...I have just recently set up an Organize and even considered trading. For me, since I only collect graded cards I'm pretty limited. However, I just completed my first trade and happily it was perfect! I traded 2 graded cards for 2 graded cards, since it was my first trade I had not issue with sending first and I received my cards a couple days later. Kinda cool really....
Im also a new member around here and this how I feel. I havent made any trades on here yet but would have no qualms with sending first. The newer members who cry about sending first or trading at bv are just bad apples, block them and move on.