`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$15 card sells for $25.49

RE: $15 card sells for $25.49
(02-09-2012, 09:14 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I am confused. There are only 25 to begin with and you guys are buying them all up, meaning there are actually fewer than 25 collectors that can own the card and you are wondering why they are getting more expensive??? Yikes.
No, no, this particular one is #/249 I think. I was just commenting on the fact that I have some of the other Peyton Manning cards from that same line that are #/25 and they don't sell for that much.

There are a few variations of that card - refractor, blue, green, gold, black and normal
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(02-08-2012, 10:38 PM)DMentdEntertainment Wrote: Someone is doing that to me right now. There is a card that I have won 5 of on ebay so far.. (a set #'d to /25). The BV on the card is only $30 but I am trying to get as many of the 25 as possible.

I have never paid over $25 for one. I bid on one yesterday as the first bidder and I put a ridiculous amount so that I knew no one would go that high. All of a sudden it's up to $51 with 5 days left.... I know this guy is shill bidding it. I am going to cancel my bid, bid it's a shame because I really need the card
First off if you start trying to accumulate a single card you will always run into the price increasing as you acquire more of them. Second, why put in an absurdly high bid with 5 days left? That is just asking someone to bid you up. You can just click to watch the item, or bid a low amount and then wait until the last day or even better last minute to put in your true max bid. I realize that there are times when it is impossible to bid at the last second, but if you don't want to be bid up then wait until the last minute that you can bid and put in your bid then. Otherwise you will just be feeding the shillers.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Step 1:
Person A sells a card on eBay.

Step 2:
Option 1:
Person B bids on said card. Person C overbids on said card. Person A+B celebrate.

Option 2:
Person B bids on said card. Person B wins card.
Person B sells said card on COMC. Person A rebuys card.
Repeat Step 1.

Not implying anything here. Just giving a random thought to a random scenario.

(02-08-2012, 10:38 PM)DMentdEntertainment Wrote: Someone is doing that to me right now. There is a card that I have won 5 of on ebay so far.. (a set #'d to /25). The BV on the card is only $30 but I am trying to get as many of the 25 as possible.

I have never paid over $25 for one. I bid on one yesterday as the first bidder and I put a ridiculous amount so that I knew no one would go that high. All of a sudden it's up to $51 with 5 days left.... I know this guy is shill bidding it. I am going to cancel my bid, bid it's a shame because I really need the card
That sucks, I have made that mistake before and right after i bid i think crap... sniping is the only way to go on that site. Otherwise you are just praying that someone doesnt push you up..

Looks to me the reason this card went for so much is because someone wanted the Red jeresy version of this card!!!!! People pay crazy frices for laundry tags and logo's.... why not pay that for a red jeresy card of a player that his jeresy's are usually white or blue??
X

I fixed the issue anyway. I cancelled my bids, making the shill bidder the high bidder at $51 on a $30 card. Now he has cancelled his bids and there is no bids on the card for $9.99 lol
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...de%20Bait/

I collect Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Johnston, Novacek, Deion Sanders, Cam Newton, Demarco Murray, Dez Bryant, Randall Cunningham, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas. Will consider offers for most star players from the 90's

(02-09-2012, 12:10 PM)DMentdEntertainment Wrote: I fixed the issue anyway. I cancelled my bids, making the shill bidder the high bidder at $51 on a $30 card. Now he has cancelled his bids and there is no bids on the card for $9.99 lol
NOW THAT is proof of Shilling right there............

Exactly. I will wait until there is under a minute left in the auction and I will get it for less than half the price they tried to rook me for

I collect Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Johnston, Novacek, Deion Sanders, Cam Newton, Demarco Murray, Dez Bryant, Randall Cunningham, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas. Will consider offers for most star players from the 90's

(02-09-2012, 12:43 PM)DMentdEntertainment Wrote: Exactly. I will wait until there is under a minute left in the auction and I will get it for less than half the price they tried to rook me for
I would love for Boyds to pop in here NOW and explain this one.
You canceled your bids... then the other buyer decides he doesn't want it anymore LMAO NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think mine is a different guy....but definitely doing the same thing