`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Ebay rant

RE: Another Ebay rant
I love when someone uses the Buy It Now and then doesn't pay for it immediately and waits until a non-paying bidder case is opened before they decide to pay. My notion is that if you buy it right now, pay for it right now. eBay wouldn't allow sellers to open non-paying bidder classes after 4 days if they didn't think that 4 days is more than enough time to pay for an item.

(02-08-2012, 11:43 AM)lobos1974 Wrote: Is there anything that shows how many non payment strikes a buyer has? I would like to be able to block bidders that have excessive strikes when I see them bidding on my items.
When you list an item on Ebay done toward the bottom there is a Buyer Requirements area. There you can chose your requirements for buyers in regards to unpaid item strikes, policy violations etc. I have mine set as low as they will allow-- if a buy has more than 2 strikes in a month he can not bid on mine. Also if a buyers does not pay for one of mine, I add him to my blocked bidders list.

With these steps I almost see NO unpaid item problems.

Bumps
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(02-08-2012, 06:20 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: When you list an item on Ebay done toward the bottom there is a Buyer Requirements area. There you can chose your requirements for buyers in regards to unpaid item strikes, policy violations etc. I have mine set as low as they will allow-- if a buy has more than 2 strikes in a month he can not bid on mine. Also if a buyers does not pay for one of mine, I add him to my blocked bidders list.

With these steps I almost see NO unpaid item problems.
Thanks for the info. I have blocked bidders before, but I did not know about the buyer requirements. I will give that a try.

Thanks I will do the same.
Also as a power seller I am suppose to have more excess to Ebay in regards to problems like this. I emailed them last night about this buyer, and am suppose to hear back within two days. I will post what/if anything happens.

The problem is that eBay keeps loosening the restrictions on their own rules when it comes to buyers. It use3d to be 3 strikes and there was at least a suspension. Then they said it depended on a percentage of purchases. I confronted them on this when my filed strikes on a buyer singlehandedly accounted for 25% of his entire purchase history yet he was still active. They did nothing and couldn't give me a real answer to what percentage was enough. Now I've been hearing word from others, although not yet confirmed, that item strikes will no longer be counted.

A lot of my buyers lately have been waiting until the last possible hours or even minutes before paying, which is something I don't understand. I like to pay as quickly as possible so I can get what I ordered as soon as the postal service will allow and would assume most people feel the same way, yet I repeatedly have people wait until deep into that seventh day, just before the Unpaid Assistant closes the case, to finally get around to completing their purchase. More often than not it's people with sizable feedback, people that should have a better grasp on how things work and should want the transaction to move along briskly.

Some people..if you let them pay after 7 days, that is when they will pay.
They file taxes at midnight, turn in assignments at the last hour, pay the credit card bill due on the 20th on the 20th..
To them, it is not a problem or you would not allow them to do that.
If you say pay in 3-4 days or the case opens, then they will pay then, if you say 7 days, then they will pay then. It is how they run their life.
Others work ahead, pay bills early, turn in assignments early etc etc..
It takes all kinds and I have all types in my family..
Type A (pay early) Type B (pay when I HAVE to) and Type C (maybe I'll pay..maybe not, depends on the day/hour/feeling)

The thing to watch for with non-paying bidders is if they have auctions for sale as well. I have had it happen before where someone else lists the same card I have for sale and the cards are both low numbered (under 25 print run). The other seller bids up my auction in order to get bidders to bid up on his auction. Then the other seller either retracts their bid from my auction or just doesn't pay in the end. It is definitely frustrating when that happens. It also surprises me that eBay doesn't get more strict with non-paying bidders, as it hurts their bottom line when seller fees have to be refunded.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/