`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Need your opinion on BGS grade for Jordan Fleer RC! Should I resubmit?

Need your opinion on BGS grade for Jordan Fleer RC! Should I resubmit?
Hey guys, new to the forum. I wanted some opinions on my grading I received and wanted to know if you think I should resubmit it. The card is a 1986 Michael Jordan Rookie card graded 8.5. Subs are 8(center) 9(corners) 9.5(surface) and 9.5(edges). I really think the centering should be bumped a minimum to 8.5, possibly even 9. The reason I think this is because I have looked at a number of Jordan rookies that have 8.5 and 9 subs for centering and I think some of them are honestly worse than mine. I posted my card on here as well as 2 others that received an 8.5 and 9 for centering and I want to know what you guys think. I crossed out the serial of my card just for privacy. What's your experience with resubmitting bgs graded cards to bgs and getting bumps?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Need your opinion on BGS grade for Jordan Fleer RC! Should I resubmit?
(02-08-2012, 06:51 AM)fpwolford Wrote: Hey guys, new to the forum. I wanted some opinions on my grading I received and wanted to know if you think I should resubmit it. The card is a 1986 Michael Jordan Rookie card graded 8.5. Subs are 8(center) 9(corners) 9.5(surface) and 9.5(edges). I really think the centering should be bumped a minimum to 8.5, possibly even 9. The reason I think this is because I have looked at a number of Jordan rookies that have 8.5 and 9 subs for centering and I think some of them are honestly worse than mine. I posted my card on here as well as 2 others that received an 8.5 and 9 for centering and I want to know what you guys think. I crossed out the serial of my card just for privacy. What's your experience with resubmitting bgs graded cards to bgs and getting bumps?

Thanks
IMHO, Centering is the least likely subgrade to get a bump. So IMO, I wouldn't resubmit it.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I am a BGS set collector of the 86-87 Fleer, that is definitely 8.5 centering, so yeah you got screwed on that one. I would resubmit.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(02-08-2012, 09:54 AM)jchavestx Wrote: I am a BGS set collector of the 86-87 Fleer, that is definitely 8.5 centering, so yeah you got screwed on that one. I would resubmit.
You can't see the pics cause they're not in the correct format, so how did you see them?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Clicked on the link and downloaded it, was able to see them this morning but oddly enough I cant now. I remember one was a BGS 3 with a crease down the center of it.

Thanks for all the input. I uploaded the pics to a hosting site so hopefully you can see them now.

[Image: fc438l.jpg]

[Image: 3cw9h.png]

[Image: k1cqv4.jpg]
(02-08-2012, 09:54 AM)jchavestx Wrote: I am a BGS set collector of the 86-87 Fleer, that is definitely 8.5 centering, so yeah you got screwed on that one. I would resubmit.
So do you have the whole set? That year is definitely a sweet one to collect. You know I used to have an oversized Jordan RC, it was identical to the real one, but jumbo size. I remember I bought it for like $5 at a garage sale like 10 years ago and I sold it for like $10. Wish I would have kept it as it might have been worth something. But yea I think I am going to resubmit as I'm thinking it should be an 8.5 to, it can only add to the value of the card right.

Yup, your right that is definitely an 8.5. Im 9 cards away from completing the set in BGS 7 or higher, and I have all of the superstars, the hardest one I seem to have trouble tracking down is the Bill Laimbeer.

(02-08-2012, 08:47 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Yup, your right that is definitely an 8.5. Im 9 cards away from completing the set in BGS 7 or higher, and I have all of the superstars, the hardest one I seem to have trouble tracking down is the Bill Laimbeer.
Just checked on ebay, they have a few of them. They have a BCCG 9 graded one for only $9 buy it now, hopefully that could grade to a at least a bgs 8, the link is below. Thanks for your input.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-87-fleer-61...53e8499a2d

Yeah I've seen that, I already have a bulk order submitted to BGS so Im not gonna grade anything else for awhile, just hopefully see something on the bay that I can add to the set. Only 9 left so no rush...