`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check this 9.5 BGS Sp authentic Aaron Rodgers, once was 8.5

Check this 9.5 BGS Sp authentic Aaron Rodgers, once was 8.5
Saw this on another site. Current seller bought this Aaron Rodgers in December. It was graded then 8.5 now this same exact card was regraded(seller admitted it) 9.5
What are your thoughts? Now I feel like resubmitting my 8.5's or 9.0 and hoping to get 10's. Check the subgrades. Those are big changes.
Original sub Grades 9 8.5 8.5 8 = 8.5
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-...0645159244
New sub Grades 9.5 9.5 9.5 9= 9.5
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...TQ:US:1123

RE: Check this 9.5 BGS Sp authentic Aaron Rodgers, once was 8.5
Happens all the time...bummer, eh??
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

i dont have an issue with it. If someone thinks they could get a better grade than originally given, then why not try to submit it again? It's their money and they're card.

its not like faking a patch to rip someone off.
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

Nothing wrong with resubmitting, heck, I'd be happy with myself making a profit if I resubmitted, but if your buying a graded card from a "respectable grader", wouldn't you want consistency in these gradings.

The trouble with grading is that it is extremely subjective, so there is no telling what you will get. I don't see a problem with the resubmitting, more of a problem with the lack of standards and subjectivness of it. Maybe they should change it so that two people need to grade it and then take an average or something?

I have an Anthony Rizzo Bowman Chrome auto in my collection with subgrades of 10 10 9.5 8.5 that is graded an overall 9. The 8.5 is on surface and I kid you not I have stared at that card for a good 5 hours trying to figure out whats wrong with the surface.

The 8.5 was graded on 11/04/2011, http://www.beckett.com/grading/card_look...0006971405

The 9.5 was graded on 01/18/2012, http://www.beckett.com/grading/card_look...0007051093

(02-08-2012, 12:29 AM)TangoVictorMike Wrote: Nothing wrong with resubmitting, heck, I'd be happy with myself making a profit if I resubmitted, but if your buying a graded card from a "respectable grader", wouldn't you want consistency in these gradings.
Agreed. Resubmitting an 8.5 should come back as an 8.5. Just because the grader was in a pissy mood one day and another grader is in a good mood another day should not influence the grade in a card. The card is the card. I don't see how it could get BETTER once it is slabbed, but I COULD see how it could get worse (slab breaks, damaging the card). My ONLY issue is (and it is actually nothing I care about, but some do), this screws up the popilation reports.

More power to him for pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(02-08-2012, 12:26 AM)rogue655 Wrote: i dont have an issue with it. If someone thinks they could get a better grade than originally given, then why not try to submit it again? It's their money and they're card.

its not like faking a patch to rip someone off.
Well it's certainly fake grading isn't it now?!! Going from a 8.5 to a 9.5 must depend on when the alcohol kicks in eh?
(02-08-2012, 12:46 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: I have an Anthony Rizzo Bowman Chrome auto in my collection with subgrades of 10 10 9.5 8.5 that is graded an overall 9. The 8.5 is on surface and I kid you not I have stared at that card for a good 5 hours trying to figure out whats wrong with the surface.
Should have slipped some $$$ to bumped that 8.5 to a 10 now right?

This sucks!!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341