`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on group breaks?

RE: What are your thoughts on group breaks?
I've often wondered about this, it would seem to me that the breakers that do the breaks 'LIVE' on some sort of streaming site would be more legitimate than the ones that send you a youtube video.

Suppose a guy buys 6 boxes of a product. Sells 5 group box breaks. And promises to email a link to your break. Now he could care less which box you are actually in or which hits you get. But he can basically open a box and record the video assuming that it will be a 'bad box' and if so moves on to the next one after posting the video. If, say, however, he hits a Cam Newton Auto 1/1 and you have the panthers... what is to stop him from simply deleting that video, setting that box aside, and moving on and 're-recording' a NEW video for your break? Now he has a mega-hit that he can sell and took very little risk on. I love the concept of group breaks, but I guess the only way to know for sure is if it is a LIVE break. My LCS does them now and they are in-person. If you get a truly honest seller I'd say have fun with it.
SuperCollecting: Jamie Harper of the TN Titans & Lee Smith Buffalo Bills Patriots 5th rd TE from Marshall. Also TN Titans, Recent Former TN Vols, Ladanian Tomlinson for my 8 yr old son and various others. Sets for 2011 R&S, 2011 Threads, 2011 Inception Base & Blue, 2011 Platinum & Gold, 2011 Finest

I avoid group breaks like they're the plague.

In theory, they're great much like communism. But human nature makes people do dishonest things.

(02-06-2012, 01:17 PM)branesergen Wrote: Buy a case. Break until you get the case hit or "Big" hit, sell rest of boxes on ebay for a "group" break. Sell each team for roughly $5. 5x32=160= profit and big hit! Just my look on it. I feel the same way about online retailers too. I have a dealer I get my boxes from who gets directly from the wholesaler and have never had a complaint about his boxes. In fact some of my biggest hits have come from them. LCS and Dealers may cost more but buy $600 from online and $600 from a good LCS and see which yields the better hits.
Or - Buy 3 boxes, sell a group break on ebay for 1 box, record 1st box just like it was for the group break. OMG I pulled the Cam 1/1 Shield auto. Record 2nd box just like it was a box break, it was crappy, post to youtube "Here is the break guys". All done within 30 minutes of each other buyer has no idea. Either break or "group" break the 3rd box for the possible "good" hit thats needed to make buyers think they have a shot at something good.
i agree there are ways of screwing buyers/profiting and them not knowing as stated by your comments. i can say though i have a guy i use on ebay who has pulled numerous 1/1's and even a cam auto gold piece from gold standard in his breaks. not all of them do the things they can to screw people. and i know you didn't say that i just dont think we should detour people from these breaks based on what ifs. because theres always the other side to the what if. and no i dont host group breaks. i wish i had the funds to do so though.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(02-06-2012, 01:17 PM)branesergen Wrote: Buy a case. Break until you get the case hit or "Big" hit, sell rest of boxes on ebay for a "group" break. Sell each team for roughly $5. 5x32=160= profit and big hit! Just my look on it. I feel the same way about online retailers too. I have a dealer I get my boxes from who gets directly from the wholesaler and have never had a complaint about his boxes. In fact some of my biggest hits have come from them. LCS and Dealers may cost more but buy $600 from online and $600 from a good LCS and see which yields the better hits.
Or - Buy 3 boxes, sell a group break on ebay for 1 box, record 1st box just like it was for the group break. OMG I pulled the Cam 1/1 Shield auto. Record 2nd box just like it was a box break, it was crappy, post to youtube "Here is the break guys". All done within 30 minutes of each other buyer has no idea. Either break or "group" break the 3rd box for the possible "good" hit thats needed to make buyers think they have a shot at something good.
I never really thought about the case hit part. 2 of the guys I have been buying slots from open the case and label the boxes on camera. Maybe I will just stick to those guys. Smile

last year, one of the big group breakers was busted for "faking videos"...they actually digitally manipulated the video so that they kept the big hits. they used a secondary account to sell off the big hits, but got caught

i do them with 3 different guys but they put the serial number of the box in the auction and show it on camera and 2 do them on a live blog/tv site with serial number in ad and in video I hot a 1/1 and a 1/0 Santana Moss's plus I always bid on the skins and they go for like $2-3 lol
Photobucket

I would rather spend 6 bucks a shot to get me team in 15 boxes over 90 bucks on 4 hits in 1 box ....yes granted you get no chance of a really good pull outside of your teams....but do the math

Ex: I usually buy the dolphins for certified breaks... they run around 3-4 $ +shipping... so figure 6 on the high end... A box of 2011 certified runs around 90$ so if I take that 90 and buy the phins in as many breaks as I can find (around 14-16 breaks). So figure 15 x 4 (hits in a box) = 60 ... 60 chances to pull something from your favorite team or would you rather spend 90 on 4 hits that are usually 2 crappy single color jerseys 1 slightly better hit and maybe 1 good hit.
(02-06-2012, 03:25 PM)chrisleckness Wrote: I never really thought about the case hit part. 2 of the guys I have been buying slots from open the case and label the boxes on camera. Maybe I will just stick to those guys. Smile
I used to post the serial number with a picture of it in the auctions... then break em live on upstream.com only when the majority of buyers logged on to view it live.... I only bought from my LCS and he only bought sealed cases... so I was confident all around Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Yea I like that.I have been some hockey lately they run about 2-4 a team free shipping just so I can get trade bait Im trying to get some cards our fellow hockey collectors have lol....
Photobucket

I've done 2 group breaks and a mystery pack break with one guy. He opens his boxes on blogtv, so it's live. He randomizes the teams, but you can trade teams if someone wants it. I traded for the Packers and had a NT Rodgers auto /5 pulled. Got some decent hits with SF and Ariz. Also got a nice '02 LT auto from a mystery pack.

You just have to find the right people. There are a lot of bad folks out there, but there are good guys too.