`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
real or fake?.......scan

real or fake?.......scan
my buddy who owns a card shop gave me this for my birthday, he said he was going to have it sent off to be certified and put in a case but he gave it to me instead because he knows i cant afford it.

[Image: 000_0002-5.jpg]

RE: real or fake?.......scan
looks like a winner man, nice gift
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

If that is legit it must be an older auto, his recent ball autos are almost not legible. Beautiful sig on that one. if you want to compare you can look at some of the authenticated ones on ebay there are quite a few. Congrats!
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

i havent put it in a nice case yet because i wanted to make sure it was real before i did so, everybody give me your opinion

I would just get a Cube for it to be honest, they look nice, and stack for when you get more.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I wouldn't send it to PSA/DNA. I can all but prove that company is fraud.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(02-06-2012, 11:37 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I wouldn't send it to PSA/DNA. I can all but prove that company is fraud.
looks good to me db/
TULOS THE MAN, [ [Image: TroyTulowtizkiBanner.jpg]

I'm not expert on Hank Aaron signatures, however the ball looks like an "Official League" ball made in China and not a MLB baseball. I say that because it looks like the word CHINA is in black print under the sweet spot. I know those balls all too well as I bought a bunch of them at Sports Authority when they were on sale just prior to Spring Training a few years ago. I got the first few autographed before I ever noticed the word CHINA printed on the ball. Definitely a cheap alternative to official MLB balls, but having the word CHINA just under the sweet spot definitely takes away from the autograph. That might be one more reason why the shop didn't want to send it in (as these style autographed balls typically don't sell for as much as autographed MLB balls).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-06-2012, 04:17 PM)djohn Wrote: I'm not expert on Hank Aaron signatures, however the ball looks like an "Official League" ball made in China and not a MLB baseball. I say that because it looks like the word CHINA is in black print under the sweet spot. I know those balls all too well as I bought a bunch of them at Sports Authority when they were on sale just prior to Spring Training a few years ago. I got the first few autographed before I ever noticed the word CHINA printed on the ball. Definitely a cheap alternative to official MLB balls, but having the word CHINA just under the sweet spot definitely takes away from the autograph. That might be one more reason why the shop didn't want to send it in (as these style autographed balls typically don't sell for as much as autographed MLB balls).
I learn something new everyday. Thanks!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Looks totally legit to me. Unless you're looking to make a buck, I wouldn't worry about the china stuff. It's pretty sweet to be able to display a nice, perfectly legible Hank Aaron auto in your house/office. Very cool
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*