`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What mini set?

RE: What mini set?
I say do them both so I have another person to trade minis with.

Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

(02-05-2012, 09:20 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Don't worry about buying boxes, I've bought 1 hobby box of Ginter in my life, it's all about picking up lots for a good price and having some friends that rip wax for the hits and give the mini's away because they hate storing them.
Haha I've been wanting to bust a case and I'm thinking that I'm gonna start saving up now. More that likely I won't make it but it gives me a goal
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

You can't go wrong with either one. My sense is that more people collect/trade A&G, so youll probably find them to be more plentiful in your quest to complete a set. I've found some good deals on mini lots at card shows. I always search the dollar bins for the "seed" (flower) cards and other SPs. Next time I go, I'm going to see if I can get a good deal on some mini lots as I find they make good trade bait for the set builders out there.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Whatever you do, please don't pay extra for the base mini's #301-350, Beckett has for a couple years now alled them SP's and they are not, in fact, I would call them DP's.
I just picked up a lot on the bay that has at least 2 of the Flocculence cards buried in the pile of mini's, can't wait to get home and open that one up and see what other goodies might be in there Smile
And I agree, lots of people putting these sets together so there is lots of trading partners out there, I've done lots of trades with david campos, litaismyqueen, tina, ringers, and there are more that I'm blanking on too.
Oh and also looking forward to planting my extra seed cards when I get home too!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(02-05-2012, 11:55 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Whatever you do, please don't pay extra for the base mini's #301-350, Beckett has for a couple years now alled them SP's and they are not, in fact, I would call them DP's.
I just picked up a lot on the bay that has at least 2 of the Flocculence cards buried in the pile of mini's, can't wait to get home and open that one up and see what other goodies might be in there Smile
And I agree, lots of people putting these sets together so there is lots of trading partners out there, I've done lots of trades with david campos, litaismyqueen, tina, ringers, and there are more that I'm blanking on too.
Oh and also looking forward to planting my extra seed cards when I get home too!
Wanna send an extra seed card or two my way? Big Grin

(02-06-2012, 12:07 AM)clarkzac Wrote: Wanna send an extra seed card or two my way? Big Grin
Remind me when I get home, I know I have like 4-5 copies of a couple, not sure which ones. I get back on the 15th, shoot me a reminder message.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(02-06-2012, 12:26 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: Remind me when I get home, I know I have like 4-5 copies of a couple, not sure which ones. I get back on the 15th, shoot me a reminder message.
Sweet thanks! I'll give it to my girlfriend Big Grin