`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 topps: jumbo or hobby boxes?

2012 topps: jumbo or hobby boxes?
what would be the better buy 2 hobby boxes or 1 jumbo along with a cpl jumbo packs? if i go with the jumbo im just getting the few extra packs along with it for the gold rush wrapper redemption pack... it seems jumbo since u get 2 more hits than a hobby box plus u get a metal pin or w.e 1 per jumbo yet only 1 per hobby case

RE: 2012 topps: jumbo or hobby boxes?
I think the word is, if you're trying to get the most cards (i.e., for set building), go jumbo. There's plenty of inserts there, too, but usually nothing too great. Traditionally, the quality of the hits has been slightly better in hobby.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

so id get better hits prob getting 2 hobby boxes than a box of jumbo.. was really looking fwd to guaranteed ring or pin type card tho and get that with the jumbo plus 2 extra main hits

For $10 you can buy a pin card, and another $10 will get you a nice lot of base, then you have a cool $100 to get something even better Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

If you want hits buy jumbo, hands down. Hobby boxes only have one hit apiece, and seems like over half the time its a cheapo jersey card. Jumbo boxes have 3 hits, and unlike Ginter, you'll always get an auto per box, and at minimum a jersey card and a pin or ring card. Plus those extra packs you buy have a roughly 1:3 chance per pack at getting another hit. If you look at the pack odds your odds are significantly better at getting quality hits out of jumbo as well.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

i ended up getting both from da. im actuaslly starting the break now and got another 2 hobbys and a jumbo thatll b here thurs. had 2 order more to send some wrappers in next week!!

(02-05-2012, 12:44 AM)lauv04 Wrote: what would be the better buy 2 hobby boxes or 1 jumbo along with a cpl jumbo packs? if i go with the jumbo im just getting the few extra packs along with it for the gold rush wrapper redemption pack... it seems jumbo since u get 2 more hits than a hobby box plus u get a metal pin or w.e 1 per jumbo yet only 1 per hobby case
For set building I prefer hobby boxes because you get more inserts and you still get a hit in every box. From what I've been reading in the forums more redemption cards come from hobby packs as opposed to jumbo as well, except for the Gold Rush Gold Ticket selling for $20,000 on eBay from a jumbo pack. The auto redemption's are mostly coming from hobby packs. I saw a Sandy Koufax Auto, Nolan Ryan auto, Chad B gold infused Golden Moments auto, a Troy T jumbo stitches card, a Kevin Y jumbo stitches card, a 1/1 wood etc etc. Just stay away from those dang gone retail packs. That's all I bought last year. Ah well, lesson learned.
[Image: RsYW2.png]
Collecting 2011 Topps Parallels, Heritage, Chrome and Commemorative Patches.

I got 2 Hobby boxes and was really disappointed other than the inserts. I put nearly 2 sets together of the base, just missing a few base for the second set. I got 2 of the same short prints, which I already had... 2 Jersey cards.... I think I want to get a Jumbo box next.. maybe...
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

To give you guys an idea - I broke a hobby case...

4 SP's - Pujols was one and 3 other variations
4 Blacks /whatever they are numbered
1 Auto - Feliz
1 Ring Card Koufax
1 Auto/Redemption Willie Mays /5
9 GU - I don't remember the names but nothing special

So yeah if you want the hits I think the Jumbo is better..hobby got boring to open after awhile

the Blasters aren't terrible either..you basically get all the inserts, etc but get a Manufactured Patch as well..If you are looking to sell, they may get $5-10...now if you go Wal-Mart they have the Blue Parallel's which I will admit don't look that bad.

(02-27-2012, 12:13 PM)rrd111 Wrote: To give you guys an idea - I broke a hobby case...

4 SP's - Pujols was one and 3 other variations
4 Blacks /whatever they are numbered
1 Auto - Feliz
1 Ring Card Koufax
1 Auto/Redemption Willie Mays /5
9 GU - I don't remember the names but nothing special

So yeah if you want the hits I think the Jumbo is better..hobby got boring to open after awhile

the Blasters aren't terrible either..you basically get all the inserts, etc but get a Manufactured Patch as well..If you are looking to sell, they may get $5-10...now if you go Wal-Mart they have the Blue Parallel's which I will admit don't look that bad.
good point. I think I'll go with that since I'm only interested in the inserts. Wouldn't mind going for the wally blues either.
[Image: RsYW2.png]
Collecting 2011 Topps Parallels, Heritage, Chrome and Commemorative Patches.