Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define Super Collector.....

RE: Define Super Collector.....
As I have said before...

I just use one of these and write "HT Supercollector" on it and I'm happy.

[Image: hello-my-name-is.jpg]

(02-04-2012, 09:15 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Yeah I got DECLINED haha...by their standards I am not one. It is very hard to get into the elite group. It takes years and lots of money ha
You got declined? By those standards you should be in?
Wow. I am a super collector there. I am going for my second one.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(02-06-2012, 12:42 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: You got declined?
Wow. I am a super collector there. I am going for my second one.
yeah and its BS...the thing that explains the requirement states that 1/1's dont go into count but I got a PM from the guy who handles it and he said I need to get to 60% WITH 1/1's
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-05-2012, 02:05 PM)Duchovny2 Wrote: So who exactly came down from card collector heaven and justified guidelines as to being a supercollector? I'm pretty sure anyone with a nice size collection would be considered a supercollector. As far as I'm concerned, we're all super collectors
Well if we are talking about another site ( Not anyone in particular ). It is their site they can make up any kinda stipulations they want.

(02-06-2012, 12:48 AM)chads-cards Wrote: yeah and its BS...the thing that explains the requirement states that 1/1's dont go into count but I got a PM from the guy who handles it and he said I need to get to 60% WITH 1/1's
Yeah that's not what it says on the requirements. 1/1's don't count.
"You do not need to count 1/1s towards the total. They are viewed as more of a bonus."

Maybe its a post count thing?
6th Requirement- Post Count
You must have 300 posts on BEEP or more to apply, those already in are exempt, but too many people are coming and posting with a handful of threads and never return.
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(02-06-2012, 12:51 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Yeah that's not what it says on the requirements. 1/1's don't count.
"You do not need to count 1/1s towards the total. They are viewed as more of a bonus."

Maybe its a post count thing?
6th Requirement- Post Count
You must have 300 posts on BEEP or more to apply, those already in are exempt, but too many people are coming and posting with a handful of threads and never return.
Nope got that haha heres the exact PM

I wanted you to know I reviewed your Keary Colbert collection and you are very close to super collector status but with the amount of cards he has had produced you will need to get to 60% of the total owned to include 1/1s. Right now you are at 57% so when you reach 60 feel free to reapply. Thank you,

And in my head heres what im thinking...okay but my guy has 145 1/1's produced...thats 20% of his total production

(02-05-2012, 04:02 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I define a supercollector as a person with ccd "compulsive collecting disorder". Its not about how many cards you own or how expensive your collection is necessarily. Its about checking eBay 10 times a day for new listings. Searching buckets hoping someone has a card you need. Clicking every card listed on Beckett's database twice a week hoping to find someone that has a card you need. Looking at the cards you already own and realizing you wouldnt trade one of them for a HOFer auto especially 1/1s!!! Being in a terrible, crabby mood and opening up a yellow package to find that special card inside that puts you in a good mood. Literally having a dream of your next pick up. Setting an alarm so you can bid on your next potential pickup at its very last second. Being upset for days, if not months or years of cards you missed out on. Praying to a higher being that a card you need pops up somewhere. When your girlfriend may be in the "mood" and you say "ok gimme 10 mins so I can bid on this auction". When you allow your beer to get warm because your so consumed looking for new cards. When you let you dinner get cold because your so consumed looking for new cards. When you eat out less so you have more dough to buy cards with. When every paycheck you get you set aside a certain amount for cards before thinking of gas money. I can go on forever but I think you get my point. lol. If you find yourself doing these things then you are a supercollector in my eyes.
Scary....... SO many of those sound like what I have done.....

(02-06-2012, 12:54 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Nope got that haha heres the exact PM

I wanted you to know I reviewed your Keary Colbert collection and you are very close to super collector status but with the amount of cards he has had produced you will need to get to 60% of the total owned to include 1/1s. Right now you are at 57% so when you reach 60 feel free to reapply. Thank you,

And in my head heres what im thinking...okay but my guy has 145 1/1's produced...thats 20% of his total production
That is just weird I swear they didn't count my 1/1's. Weird. Hmm make me wonder if my Eddie George Collection would still pass or not. By their inv thing I am at
All cards: 1617/3149 51.3%
All cards excluding all 1/1: 1614/3021 53.4%
Rookie: 33/33 100.0%
Autograph: 31/113 27.4%
Memorabilia: 142/376 37.8%
Serial: 419/1327 31.6%

But hey don't feel too bad I applied to be in the Magazine here when they did that super collector thing and I didn't meet the idea here.

(02-06-2012, 01:01 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: That is just weird I swear they didn't count my 1/1's. Weird. Hmm make me wonder if my Eddie George Collection would still pass or not. By their inv thing I am at
All cards: 1617/3149 51.3%
All cards excluding all 1/1: 1614/3021 53.4%
Rookie: 33/33 100.0%
Autograph: 31/113 27.4%
Memorabilia: 142/376 37.8%
Serial: 419/1327 31.6%

But hey don't feel too bad I applied to be in the Magazine here when they did that super collector thing and I didn't meet the idea here.
Oh well I feel my collection is super haha. I dont need a title

(02-05-2012, 04:02 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I define a supercollector as a person with ccd "compulsive collecting disorder". Its not about how many cards you own or how expensive your collection is necessarily. Its about checking eBay 10 times a day for new listings. Searching buckets hoping someone has a card you need. Clicking every card listed on Beckett's database twice a week hoping to find someone that has a card you need. Looking at the cards you already own and realizing you wouldnt trade one of them for a HOFer auto especially 1/1s!!! Being in a terrible, crabby mood and opening up a yellow package to find that special card inside that puts you in a good mood. Literally having a dream of your next pick up. Setting an alarm so you can bid on your next potential pickup at its very last second. Being upset for days, if not months or years of cards you missed out on. Praying to a higher being that a card you need pops up somewhere. When your girlfriend may be in the "mood" and you say "ok gimme 10 mins so I can bid on this auction". When you allow your beer to get warm because your so consumed looking for new cards. When you let you dinner get cold because your so consumed looking for new cards. When you eat out less so you have more dough to buy cards with. When every paycheck you get you set aside a certain amount for cards before thinking of gas money. I can go on forever but I think you get my point. lol. If you find yourself doing these things then you are a supercollector in my eyes.
Wow, this is great and 100% correct in my opinion. Way to put it in prospective for those who had no idea. haha...