`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On the hunt for Yastrzemski Rookie grade 8
02-04-2012, 05:20 PM
On the hunt for Yastrzemski Rookie grade 8
Does anyone here have one that they want to sell?

I have both a ball and 8x10 signed from when I was a kid, back then his signature only cost me $35.00, he was nice enough to sign both for me. I was only 11 or 12. This past card show in White Plains NY I got them both authenticated and I would now like to frame the picture along with the authentication card and his rookie. I think overall it would look really classy hanging on the wall.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: On the hunt for Yastrzemski Rookie grade 8
Found a 7 that looks just as good as most 8's. hole filled!

[Image: KGrHqJhE6ZEEewO-BOruebsw60_3.jpg]
02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Nice! Mine's a 4 at best.

[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.
02-07-2012, 09:27 PM
(02-06-2012 10:19 AM)rwtzero Wrote:  Found a 7 that looks just as good as most 8's. hole filled!

[Image: KGrHqJhE6ZEEewO-BOruebsw60_3.jpg]

Nice Yaz and SGC has the most eye appeal. Do you collect a lot of Yaz?

I have just over 50 BVG graded Yaz cards and adding every other week. I've missed twice on the rookie though. Bought a card I thought would be at least a 6.5 or higher and came back a 4.5 because of a half inch surface wrinkle I missed. Came across a very cheap one that I thought would get a 6-6.5 but came back a 5.5. Under magnification the corners appeared a little more worn but still a great bargain. Like you though, I need to add at least a 7 one day.

As a kid, I never got a chance to see him play live but I cut out every box score or every game he played in 1977 and 1978 and highlighted his name and added each box to a scrapbook I started in 1972 and roughly ended when he went into the HOF in 1989. I met him at a card show around 1992 in Houston (for $30) but he was kind and genuine enough to thumb through it and expressed appreciation for the effort as he signed it. The scrapbook is sitting in my safe.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos
02-08-2012, 07:23 AM
coimbre 21, when I get everything mounted up with my signed picture, authentication card and Rookie card I will post a picture. I have no idea why the Yas Rookie card isn't worth so much more! I can only assume that it will be someday when the market realizes that its undervalued!