`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on 2008-09 OPC

RE: Need help on 2008-09 OPC
The chart Optimus_Prime put up is pretty bang on.

(02-04-2012, 03:50 PM)mswatson Wrote: A dead giveaway on the Golds, the O-Pee-Chee logo is bordered in white, not the metallic silver that borders the logo on the metal and metal-x cards. In Optimus Prime's scans, the one labeled Rainbow is one of the golds and the white border on the logo is easy to see.

I've been working on this set for a long time now, have completed the base set, retros and metals, have 684 of 800 golds and 454 of 800 metal-x cards... have a bunch of dups available for trade, check my organizer if interested....
I've been trying to do all the Canucks OPC cards and 08-09 OPC is the absolute most ridiculous example of parallels I can think of.

Gold/Rainbow (both terms are widely used for this one) are glossy, have a rainbow/oil-type finish under the light and have white bordered lettering as mentioned above. They also often have some "bend-back" and feel a little thicker, though I'm not sure they are.

Metal are glossy and the O-Pee-Chee logo is a metallic silver instead of white. Metal X are pretty much the same, but with the 'x' or 'tire track' or 'mountaintop' or 'diamond' pattern.

Base are papery and normal like all good O-Pee-Chee base. And retros are pretty simple, including the blank backs and rainbows.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

If anyone has the GOLD Parallel RC of Oshie, I neeeeed it still!

Thanks everyone for the help. So I believe that I have a base Richards and gold Coburn according to what was posted. If anyone has any Flyers to trade let me know.

Mike
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

I've got a bunch of flyers. Check out my org, i'd love to trade with ya.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches