`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Precision

Topps Precision
I think Precision has been getting a bad rap, but I think it is my favorite 2011 release so far. I have only broken one box so far and it was the worst of about 12 or so that I have seen so far, but I think it's still my favorite product of the year.

- I have been wanting a product that has a better ratio of veteran autos to rookie autos. Precision does this well.
- The cards look pretty nice.
- I have been wanting a product with legend/old HOF autos, Precision has a GREAT lineup of these guys.
- I loved some of the top-tier Supreme autos, the 8 way autos with BIG names. If you've seen the Elway/Marino/Staubach/Favre/Montana/etc 8 way, you know Precision has some of these too.
- 4 autos per box is pretty respectable.
- There aren't 15 different parallels of every base card.
- Redemptions seem to be minimal.

My only gripe is not numbering the base autos. The production is fairly limited, so the print runs can't be THAT high. I mean, they numbered the Topps Platinum ones to like... 1800 or whatever.

Anyway, my point is: are collectors just getting jaded? It seems like this product has a bunch more things that we have all been wishing for and it is still labeled as a disappointment. Not every box will have a Cam Newton auto or a 1/1! My box was absolutely terrible, but I will be getting a few more next week.

This concludes my rant. Your thoughts?

RE: Topps Precision
No one has any thoughts on Precision? :-(

I think it makes the players look mystical with the white space around them.....I was ponder which box to break today it was between precision or plates, next time I will probably to precision...they are nice looking cards.

I'm thinking of busting some. Design isn't perfect, but I do like the veteran/rookie auto mix.

I'm excited for this product. I'm in a case break of Precision that's going down tonight. I've got the Iggles & Raiders. Hoping for some HOF/vet autos.

If Precision had the Inception design, I don't know if I could have stopped buying them!

I bought a box today, and I think I did ok. I need to scan my hits, but I got the following --

A Mark Sanchez Autograph w/2-colored GU Jersey card #01/15 (which isn't listed yet for some reason)
2011 Topps Precision Autographs Gold Brandon Lloyd #49/50
2011 Topps Precision Rookie Jumbo Relic Autographs Stevan Ridley
2011 Topps Precision Rookie Autographs Red Ink DeMarco Murray #59/75
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed