`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Does Everyone Think?

RE: What Does Everyone Think?
(02-03-2012, 03:36 PM)dkotart Wrote: I am a little confused about the point of this thread. Someone here stated that they could twist and pop a Beckett slab open and you disagree, am I right so far? Then why would you have suspicions about the card that is being auctioned? According to you the Beckett slabs are tamper proof. What exactly are you looking for, someone to agree with you? Because it seems to me you are asking questions that you already know the answers too. No matter what anybody's opinion, if it differs from your own than they are wrong.
No so. I was hoping that the member that said he could twist apart a Beckett slab would respond and tell me if he thought that the card up for auction had been tampered with.

So far no one has said that they think that the card hasn't been tampered with. Chris didn't, but he admitted he's no expert.

What is your opinion?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-03-2012, 03:19 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Unfortunately, I dont have the S/N. It's up for auction right now.

There was someone on here that "says" (although, I don't believe him) that he could take the BGS slab and twist it and pop it a part. I posted this with him in mind. I find it really hard to believe, since the BGS slab is sonically sealed. But hey, anything is possible I guess.
[Image: IMG-1.jpg]
Why I would say that and not have a scan of the slab I don't know. "Sonically sealed" does not mean it's invincible. I tried it with 2-3 others from the same time frame and it didn't work. With that said, if it can happen with one, it can happen with others. Not really a big deal anyway.

If you're worried about this one, then pass on it. You already have one anyway. Based solely on that one scan and not seeing it in person, I don't think it's tampered with. It looks like it was taken with a camera and not actually scanned; likely just the way the light from the flash is hitting it.

(02-03-2012, 04:06 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Why I would say that and not have a scan of the slab I don't know. "Sonically sealed" does not mean it's invincible. I tried it with 2-3 others from the same time frame and it didn't work. With that said, if it can happen with one, it can happen with others. Not really a big deal anyway.

If you're worried about this one, then pass on it. You already have one anyway. Based solely on that one scan and not seeing it in person, I don't think it's tampered with. It looks like it was taken with a camera and not actually scanned; likely just the way the light from the flash is hitting it.
Thanks, I was hoping that you would answer. I wasn't looking at it for me to buy, I was just curious.

Thanks again!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-03-2012, 05:07 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Thanks, I was hoping that you would answer. I wasn't looking at it for me to buy, I was just curious.

Thanks again!!
No problem. Again, it's just an opinion and I'm only going on that scan but I wouldn't worry about it if I was looking to purchase this.

Looking at the shadows showing up to the upper right of the BVG logo and the flip, it's a dead giveaway that at least the flash was not a dead on centered shot and was south of center off to the left. The light is going to hit different parts of the plastic differently and show as such in the photo. Who knows about the table it's sitting on, if that had any kind of affect on the light hitting and bouncing back up.