`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like Jumbo boxes.....but

Like Jumbo boxes.....but
I never pull good autos from them. I really don't pull good autos from Topps 1, 2 or update anyway but for the price of jumbos you would think topps could improve the auto lineup a little. I pull tons of great autos from products like triple threads and A&G...I think the best auto I have ever pulled from a Topps Jumbo box is David Wright...and that was by far the best. I've never pulled an auto/relic out of Topps 1, 2 or update either. I have probably opened 40 jumbo boxes in my life too...What I DO get fairly often are all star letter patches, I believe I have pulled 3 out of jumbos. Has this been the experience of most people? I realize great autos aren't necessarily the point of these products but maybe they could be improved a little?
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

RE: Like Jumbo boxes.....but
Drew Stubbs. That's all I have to say about that. I also pulled a Golden Moments GUJ of a guy I have never heard of and at the moment I can't even remember his name! At least between a jumbo and 2 blasters I completed the base set less the sp's.
[Image: Sig.png]

(02-03-2012, 09:56 AM)cmccart8 Wrote: I never pull good autos from them. I really don't pull good autos from Topps 1, 2 or update anyway but for the price of jumbos you would think topps could improve the auto lineup a little. I pull tons of great autos from products like triple threads and A&G...I think the best auto I have ever pulled from a Topps Jumbo box is David Wright...and that was by far the best. I've never pulled an auto/relic out of Topps 1, 2 or update either. I have probably opened 40 jumbo boxes in my life too...What I DO get fairly often are all star letter patches, I believe I have pulled 3 out of jumbos. Has this been the experience of most people? I realize great autos aren't necessarily the point of these products but maybe they could be improved a little?
I don't bust wax. The last time that I bust wax was in 1991, when I busted a box of 1991 Fleer and 1990 Bowman. I ONLY collect Nolan Ryan, so I just buy which ever card of him that I want.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-03-2012, 09:56 AM)cmccart8 Wrote: I never pull good autos from them. I really don't pull good autos from Topps 1, 2 or update anyway but for the price of jumbos you would think topps could improve the auto lineup a little. I pull tons of great autos from products like triple threads and A&G...I think the best auto I have ever pulled from a Topps Jumbo box is David Wright...and that was by far the best. I've never pulled an auto/relic out of Topps 1, 2 or update either. I have probably opened 40 jumbo boxes in my life too...What I DO get fairly often are all star letter patches, I believe I have pulled 3 out of jumbos. Has this been the experience of most people? I realize great autos aren't necessarily the point of these products but maybe they could be improved a little?
The All-Star Letter patches from series 1 are all 1/1's and I'd be very happy to pull one of them instead of my auto out of a jumbo box. They used to sell pretty well for good money. Lately the prices have been much lower though. Most of the auto's pulled from jumbo boxes seem to be of lower tier players.
Master set builder always looking for SP's from Heritage, A&G, and Goudey
also c
ollecting all things Claudell Washington and Justin Ruggiano
http://s243.photo
bucket.com/albums/ff230/heatert/

(02-03-2012, 10:52 AM)heatert Wrote: The All-Star Letter patches from series 1 are all 1/1's and I'd be very happy to pull one of them instead of my auto out of a jumbo box. They used to sell pretty well for good money. Lately the prices have been much lower though. Most of the auto's pulled from jumbo boxes seem to be of lower tier players.
I agree on the patches but I haven't pulled any of those out of 2012...yet
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]