`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Collecting.

New to Collecting.
Hey I am new to collecting and Im just looking for insight as to what the better brands are when it comes to cards. I was given a few binders of a bunch of old football and basketball cards from the 80s and 90s and thought it'd be cool to start my own. Im looking for anything and everything texans. I bought a topps 2011 factory set and have come across a few texans topps chrome cards. Also I have come across some of these little cards that have old school drawings of players on them. are those of any significance? If there is any other information anybody feels is important i'd be glad to hear it.

RE: New to Collecting.
It's a hard question to answer really. I think you need to look online at the different types of cards that are out there and find the brand that you find most appealing. Then, you need to decide which lines up best with your budget because there is a hugh difference between the different brands of cards. Another consideration is where will you buy your cards....if you don't have a card shop close to you then you are limited to what is sold in the retails stores or online. Collect what you like that is within your budget is the bottom line...good luck
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Best advice--- go after what you like and what you can afford , dont worry about the rest! Smile welcome aboard!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

When I got back into collecting, the first thing i did was find something that a lot of other people weren't really collecting (i.e. Prestige SP's) and went from there. Once you start that, go with something else (Upper Deck Star RC's of popular players, randoms, etc...), or just a certain players. I can say that i've never met anyone else you basically JUST collects Prestige SP's, so it can be a good thing or bad (hard to get a lot of the shorter printed ones), but it's good because you're a minority.

Just go with something that will keep you interested in the hobby so that you won't get burned out or try to collect too many things at once. There are a lot of really good traders, so when you find something that interest you, don't be afraid to send a trade request. You'll get denied several times, but you'll find some great traders who will help you out. Just explain to them what you're doing, and hopefully they'll work with you.
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

(02-03-2012, 08:14 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Best advice--- go after what you like and what you can afford , dont worry about the rest! Smile welcome aboard!
+1!!! best advice ever...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin