`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Upper Deck is a joke story

Another Upper Deck is a joke story
Sent in a 2006 SP Authentic Redemption of Aaron Rodgers/A.J. Hawk Dual Auto, in 2006. Got a "replacement" in 2009. The replacement was a SP Authentic Clay Matthews and three other defensive player rookie autos (Orakpo, Curry, and Cushing) numbered to 10. I was not happy with the replacement, so I called. They gave me a grievance number and told me to send it back. After repeated phone calls, they finally said they are shipping out a Rodgers Auto to replace the one I was supposed to get in 2006. I got the package today (2/2/2012). And in the package is the same Quad Auto I sent them and a $30 Philip Rivers Auto from 2007 with a note that said we don't have any Aaron Rodgers Auto available for replacement. Any thoughts welcome. I guess I'm glad I got something back, as I have heard on these boards that UD may go out of business. I am certainly not buying any of their products anymore. I'm thinking about moving the majority of the UD items in my collection.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

RE: Another Upper Deck is a joke story
sorry to hear about this, but like us many have had terrible experiences with UD of late Sad

since they no longer have an NFL license they will only "give out" cards they have in old stock, and really don't care if it's anything close to what you've been waiting for or not.

we were recently ripped on a SP Authentic quad sig, and when I called back we basically were told "sucks to be you" and be glad you got what you got Sad

I've been battling UD on their FB page for over a month now over their policies and they have clearly stated that buying their products is basically a "sweepstakes" or "lottery" and there is no warranty on older products Sad

it's funny how folks trash Panini all the time for their redemptions and time frame but at least they will try their best to help folks with long overdue expired redemption's (our personal "oldest" was over 5 years old !!!) and they will talk to you about what they can offer you for a product they can't fill Smile

never once has Panini or Topps told me that buying their product was a "sweepstakes" and both companies have replaced damaged product correctly, promptly, and courteously Smile

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope i hasn't soured your collecting experience like it has so many others Sad

thats unacceptable
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

I also pulled a 2005 SP Authentic Roethlisberger that was expired and was told that it sucks to be me on that $100+ box. I wish they would just go ahead and close up shop. I have had countless redemptions with Panini/Donruss, but they have always been nice when I talked to them. I have made MANY Limited and National Treasures sets over the years and have always gotten the card or something that I chose or a similar valued card of the same player. I have waited a long time on some, but every time I talk to a representative there, they ask me if I want to replace the older Redemptions I am waiting on for my sets, like a NT Limas Sweed Patch Auto. They may have a bumnch of redemptions, but they have done me right to this point.

(02-02-2012, 08:49 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: Sent in a 2006 SP Authentic Redemption of Aaron Rodgers/A.J. Hawk Dual Auto, in 2006. Got a "replacement" in 2009. The replacement was a SP Authentic Clay Matthews and three other defensive player rookie autos (Orakpo, Curry, and Cushing) numbered to 10. I was not happy with the replacement, so I called. They gave me a grievance number and told me to send it back. After repeated phone calls, they finally said they are shipping out a Rodgers Auto to replace the one I was supposed to get in 2006. I got the package today (2/2/2012). And in the package is the same Quad Auto I sent them and a $30 Philip Rivers Auto from 2007 with a note that said we don't have any Aaron Rodgers Auto available for replacement. Any thoughts welcome. I guess I'm glad I got something back, as I have heard on these boards that UD may go out of business. I am certainly not buying any of their products anymore. I'm thinking about moving the majority of the UD items in my collection.
They sent me a letter to close my direct account back in 2000 because we closed our store front and went show and internet sales. Absolute buttheads!!!!! Classless company , hope they go under ASAP as long as we all get our redemptions. I won't forget their service and attitude.
Photobucket

(02-02-2012, 09:00 PM)pbean Wrote: sorry to hear about this, but like us many have had terrible experiences with UD of late Sad

since they no longer have an NFL license they will only "give out" cards they have in old stock, and really don't care if it's anything close to what you've been waiting for or not.

we were recently ripped on a SP Authentic quad sig, and when I called back we basically were told "sucks to be you" and be glad you got what you got Sad

I've been battling UD on their FB page for over a month now over their policies and they have clearly stated that buying their products is basically a "sweepstakes" or "lottery" and there is no warranty on older products Sad

it's funny how folks trash Panini all the time for their redemptions and time frame but at least they will try their best to help folks with long overdue expired redemption's (our personal "oldest" was over 5 years old !!!) and they will talk to you about what they can offer you for a product they can't fill Smile

never once has Panini or Topps told me that buying their product was a "sweepstakes" and both companies have replaced damaged product correctly, promptly, and courteously Smile

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope i hasn't soured your collecting experience like it has so many others Sad
I spend a great deal of $ on my Packer stuff and boxes every month, and will continue to do so, but if I have the choice between an UD card and one of the others, I'll go with the others every time from now on. Thanks for the response. I guess it sucks to be us. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in these types of situations.

Well, a phone call from them saying your Rodgers auto is going out, and then receiving a note stating they were out is where they would lose me. Or, maybe it's where I would lose IT. But if they don't have a Rodgers auto to give you, I'm not sure what you can reasonably expect them to do.

Wait, it probably wouldn't bother me at all. Rodgers is a Packer.
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

Wow!!! Sorry this happened... I used to love Upper Deck as a kid... But stories like this really make me cringe... Coach, on a brighter note, maybe we can figure something out on all the Shipleys you offered me???Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin