`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on the '87 Topps Mini

Question on the '87 Topps Mini
Are these like Kimball Champions size or are they a bit bigger ?

Would be great if someone could post a pick of one side by side with a regular base card so we could see the difference.

RE: Question on the '87 Topps Mini
(02-02-2012, 04:46 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Are these like Kimball Champions size or are they a bit bigger ? Would be great if someone could post a pick of one side by side with a regular base card so we could see the difference.
They are wider. just like the Lineage ones if you have seen them.

(02-02-2012, 04:46 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Are these like Kimball Champions size or are they a bit bigger ?

Would be great if someone could post a pick of one side by side with a regular base card so we could see the difference.
If you are talking about the 1987 Topps Major League Leaders they are 2.125" X 3".

Ray

[Image: 004-2.jpg]
here is what they look like chevy man. copy from the 87 topps card

ran to Walmart after I posted this and they had some in so I bought a hanger and got a Ryan Howard. lol

I really like the mini's this year but sadly so does everyone else so I'm thinking buying a set off evilbay is going to be tough at a decent price. So I may just have to break down and buy a couple boxes see if I can get most of them that way.

I bought the mini set from eBay a few days ago (pre sale). The '87 set brings me back to when I was a 10 year old kid just starting to collect cards. The original set isn't worth crap but Ill always have a soft spot for them. I did pick up my first pack today and also got a Howard, I like that the card stock is similar to the original and so is the back.

Couldnt they wait for Topps Heritage 2036 lol......
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Yeah '87 Topps was the very first sealed set I got for Christmas. I was just getting into collecting back then with a couple buddies at school. We'd trade during lunch and what not. I'm kinda fond of the '86 Topps design as well.

(02-02-2012, 08:33 PM)phillyfan54 Wrote: I bought the mini set from eBay a few days ago (pre sale). The '87 set brings me back to when I was a 10 year old kid just starting to collect cards. The original set isn't worth crap but Ill always have a soft spot for them. I did pick up my first pack today and also got a Howard, I like that the card stock is similar to the original and so is the back.
I got 4-5 out of couple of the $10 blaster boxes I bought. I really like them. My grandmother bought me the 1987 Topps Green Christmas Boxed set for Christmas that year and I was hooked from that point on.

This set (the 2012 Topps 1987 Minis) brings back memories of my grandmother and my beginning to card collecting. I will probably put this set together, although I don't know a lot about it.

Are there going to be parallels to the entire set, including series II and update? If so, that's like 900 cards in this set and that would be a bunch to put together.

I'm going to start working on it and see how far I can get through trades, buying singles, etc and see how close to the complete set I can get.