`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My BGS mail day

My BGS mail day
Submitted 5 cards to the FCB Group submission, got them back yesterday.

[Image: DecBGS.jpg]

I placed a minimum grade of 9.5, so I had 1 card that didn't meet the threshold, and after I got it back I noticed a very small crease on the back part of the card that I missed, it's obviously not very noticeable.

The Leaf Valiant Dylan Bundy is the Black version and is serial-numbered 1/5.

Thanks for looking

Erik
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

RE: My BGS mail day
Nice. I only submit there too. I don't see how so many people get back all those 9.5's and if I get one that is a miracle.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

nice stuff erik

(02-02-2012, 09:20 AM)benner73 Wrote: Nice. I only submit there too. I don't see how so many people get back all those 9.5's and if I get one that is a miracle.
You just have to be really picky. Here's my process:

1) check the centering. on cards with a border, this is the easiest category for a novice to check. if the centering isn't equal to or better than 55/45 both ways, than don't send it

2) check the surface. Hold card under bright light and look at card with intense glare on it. This is especially important with Chrome cards, which often have those surface scratches. Non-glossy cards often have tiny dents or scuffs.

3) glance at the edges and corners. These are the toughest categories for a novice (like myself) to judge. I hear a lot of people say the look at these with a magnifying glass, but I don't go that far. If there are any edge or corner imperfections when looking with a naked eye, than you can imagine how obvious they'll be to a grader who's using magnifying equipment

4) check back of card for any obvious imperfections. They don't grade the back as tough, but often corner and edge issues are more obvious when looking at the back of the card

Hope that helps

[Image: 1849c983.jpg]