`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the difference between Beckett BGS and BCCG?

What's the difference between Beckett BGS and BCCG?
Can someone elaborate on the difference between the two?
I've bought several graded cards with the BCCG description, but are these graded the same? Are both Beckett Gradings equal in value?

Thanks,

Confused

RE: What's the difference between Beckett BGS and BCCG?
(01-31-2012, 09:19 PM)JasonB20 Wrote: Can someone elaborate on the difference between the two?
I've bought several graded cards with the BCCG description, but are these graded the same? Are both Beckett Gradings equal in value?

Thanks,

Confused
To put it mildly, no. The two aren't equal in value. If I were you, I wouldn't buy any more BCCG Graded cards. I learned this the hard way.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

BCCG is basically a service where you pay for a nice hard case. The grading criteria is not nearly as strict and if you take a BCCG card and send it in for BGS it will not get the same grade....well mostly likely not. Also, when it comes to selling a graded card, not too many people want to invest in a card graded by BCCG as opposed to BGS or BVG for vintage.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(02-02-2012, 08:20 PM)dmasci Wrote: BCCG is basically a service where you pay for a nice hard case. The grading criteria is not nearly as strict and if you take a BCCG card and send it in for BGS it will not get the same grade....well mostly likely not. Also, when it comes to selling a graded card, not too many people want to invest in a card graded by BCCG as opposed to BGS or BVG for vintage.
So its better to get it graded and cased by BGS if you already own a card ??

(01-19-2013, 09:38 AM)retro-collector Wrote: So its better to get it graded and cased by BGS if you already own a card ??
Yes. I'd stay away from BCCG Graded cards.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

3 BCCG 10's have crossed over to 2 BGS 7's and 1 BGS 6 so stay away.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC