`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone asked about pack searching...

RE: Someone asked about pack searching...
Right.

Like I said, I have heard people compare it to buying fruit, saying you have to feel and squeeze the fruit for the ripe ones. The difference is, people don't squeeze the fruit to see which one they can sell on Ebay.

It IS unethical on every level. The Blaster box thing is robbery because it was breaking a sealed box to take out the GUARANTEED hit that most people buy the box for. Not once, not twice, but 3 times. Then returned the boxes to appear "unopened" to pass the junk on to someone else, while getting their original $20 back AND the 1 hit card per box.

It's like going through the box of cereal for the toy, then sealing it back up and returning it to the store for some kid to pick up and not get a toy in his cereal.

Great...now I want some fruity pebbles..... damn topic.
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...de%20Bait/

I collect Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Johnston, Novacek, Deion Sanders, Cam Newton, Demarco Murray, Dez Bryant, Randall Cunningham, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas. Will consider offers for most star players from the 90's

At least these guys might only get 2.50 for a GU cards these days. SCREW THEM
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

If we are lucky maybe they will get a paper cut from the card and end up with a real bad infection.

You can buy retail products from some of these online stores if you must buy retail. I know I've purchased retail from BO before and had no complaints with what I recieved.

That being said, these pack searchers usually sell them as hot packs and not as individual hits on the bay. So if you're one of the people out there buying hot packs, you're supporting them.

I agree with the previous posts about my question. Thats basically how I looked at it too. It robs people of a fair chance but its not actually against any rules or laws. I wouldnt just say its too bad for the kids because its everybody thats getting ripped off. I guess I dont care quite as much about pack searchers as some other people which is okay. I agree it is unethical and just plain rude. Also the opening of the packs and taking the hit is robbery. But I am just quite happy about where the hobby is today as a whole. I mean we can actually go to almost every walmart or target and buy cards. Blaster boxes are the best thing to ever happen to retail. So looking at it as a whole, kids and everybody have that chance with blasters along as their not bought and brought back like the OP's situation. I have never caught anybody pack searching but Im not sure what I could do about it anyway. I mean, I could say they are ruining the hobby for somebody and that its rude but theres nothing there thats illegal or against the store rules. I really almost think they should just do away with selling individual packs at retail stores.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

A lot of people don't have a LCS, Target or Wal-Mart are the only local options. 90% of the time the hit isn't worth over $10, and wouldn't get the cost of the pack if sold. That's why the searchers sell as hot packs and don't open the pack, they can get much more that way. Luckily, there's still a lot of nice SP cards to pull from retail. Panini retail is worthless IMO.

Thanks for clearing up that there are 2 different Beckett's. I figured they were the same since both dealt with cards.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

(01-31-2012, 01:31 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I agree with the previous posts about my question. Thats basically how I looked at it too. It robs people of a fair chance but its not actually against any rules or laws. I wouldnt just say its too bad for the kids because its everybody thats getting ripped off. I guess I dont care quite as much about pack searchers as some other people which is okay. I agree it is unethical and just plain rude. Also the opening of the packs and taking the hit is robbery. But I am just quite happy about where the hobby is today as a whole. I mean we can actually go to almost every walmart or target and buy cards. Blaster boxes are the best thing to ever happen to retail. So looking at it as a whole, kids and everybody have that chance with blasters along as their not bought and brought back like the OP's situation. I have never caught anybody pack searching but Im not sure what I could do about it anyway. I mean, I could say they are ruining the hobby for somebody and that its rude but theres nothing there thats illegal or against the store rules. I really almost think they should just do away with selling individual packs at retail stores.
"I really almost think they should just do away with selling individual packs at retail stores."

+1 on that statement

(01-31-2012, 01:25 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: You can buy retail products from some of these online stores if you must buy retail. I know I've purchased retail from BO before and had no complaints with what I recieved.
It really isn't a matter of wanting to buy retail, it's a matter of retail in walmart, target, kmart, etc, being available and easy for a child to obtain to satisfy their collecting needs, and for grown adults to take the sheer enjoyment out of their hands by pack searching is just plain wrong....

this is the kind of things they do

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-12-...hip-police
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(01-31-2012, 01:39 PM)diablo71 Wrote: "I really almost think they should just do away with selling individual packs at retail stores."

+1 on that statement
I believe that would definitely hurt the hobby. I wonder how many kids get started in the hobby by buying a retail pack at their local store? A lot of them aren't looking for a hit when they start out, but looking for their favorite player or team. Also, it's easier for them to spend .99 - $3 rather than a blaster or box.

If the only thing in the retail packs were SP's or on card autos, then the searchers couldn't find them. That would be a better option to me.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

(01-31-2012, 01:47 PM)gamblersheaven Wrote: I believe that would definitely hurt the hobby. I wonder how many kids get started in the hobby by buying a retail pack at their local store? A lot of them aren't looking for a hit when they start out, but looking for their favorite player or team. Also, it's easier for them to spend .99 - $3 rather than a blaster or box.

If the only thing in the retail packs were SP's or on card autos, then the searchers couldn't find them. That would be a better option to me.
I would think that is a good option... i see your point about kids buying loose packs at the local stores. +1 to that