Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1992 Pro-Set "The Official NFL Card" Hologram Card

1992 Pro-Set "The Official NFL Card" Hologram Card
Hello everyone:

I've been going through my old card collection and I came across one I have no info on and I can't find any info online. Hoping someone here can help me.

It's a 1992 NFL Pro-Set Hologram, #1717/2000. Near Mint/Mint condition.

On the hologram front, it has various NFL Team logos and helmets patterned diagonally across, the NFL logo/PRo-Set Logo, and the words "The Official NFL Card".

On the back, it says:

Pro-Set received designation as "The Official Card of the National Football League" in 1989. The only card company honored with such status, Pro Set is committed to setting the standard for the industry by offering cards that are appealing in design, complete in concept, and fun to collect.

TWO THOUSAND of these special edition 1992 NFL Pro Set holograms have been produced in appreciation of your support in the past. By working together, we will help our industry continue to excel in the future.

Below it are the players association logo and the NFL logo/Pro Set logo, and below that it is hand written 1717/2000.

Any idea where I can find a value on this card? I'm not much of a football fan or collector so I would like to get rid of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 1992 Pro-Set "The Official NFL Card" Hologram Card
Cool card. Never seen one of those before. No idea on the value either.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

I've searched all over and can't find any info.

I'm not expecting much. From my experience with Pro Set hockey cards, I've never thought too much of them. They never had the must have cards or the nicest cards. Were they the same quality with football?

I'm just hoping someone out there has seen this card before or can give me a rough idea on value.

Thanks.

Based on the wording, "in appreciation of your support in the past. By working together, we will help our industry continue to excel in the future." I would guess that this was a special cards that Pro Set gave to employees. I know Upper Deck has several special employee only cards, but I don't know if Pro Set ever did the same thing.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Not sure if others can see the pics but I cant. I would be interested to see it.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(01-31-2012, 04:14 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Not sure if others can see the pics but I cant. I would be interested to see it.
I have re-attached the pictures.

(01-31-2012, 04:56 PM)pastadutchie Wrote: I have re-attached the pictures.
i cannot see attached files, i think most here use photobucket or something similar and use the img code to post to these boards.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

[Image: 53981e0_20.jpg]

[Image: 0864574_20.jpg]

Hope that helps man!

Yes htoutlaw that helps, thanks. I just assumed the file uploader that is part of the forum works!?!?