Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st BGS submission

1st BGS submission
All,

I will be making my first BGS grading submission in February. Please provide any "tips," "pointers," or "recommendations" for submitting cards.

This can include anything from how to package them, which submission form to use, etc.

Any help from experienced collectors is greatly appreciated. thank you!!

Courey M

RE: 1st BGS submission
Card Saver IIIs are your friends. Penny sleeve then the card saver. I'd bundle them no more than ten at a time, sandwiched in cardboard. Packing peanuts/bubble wrap around the bundles.

Check your order form multiple times. Don't forget auto surcharges. Also if you forget something, they're really good about answering emails (well with me. Other users will disagree). Just shoot them an email and say "Hi!!!! I forgot _______" and include your info. I mean I forgot the promo code once and they still took care of me!

Ship as secure as you can afford. I mean if you're sending in vintage Mantles and stuff you don't want to just send standard priority, right? Get insurance. Get signature confirmation. Get a tracking # for crying out loud.

Don't send cards that are worth less than what you're going to spend getting them graded, in my opinion. I learned that lesson the hard way. They ran a team special back in early 2009 and I sent in copious amounts of cards that devalued pretty quickly over the last 2 years. What am I supposed to do with a BGS 8.5 card valued at $2.50 raw? Lesson learned, holmes.

I let a friend of mine convince me to grade "all your vintage" even the low BV stuff. I finally decided 1973 topps football is not really worth grading unless it's an obvious high grade. Another lesson learned.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: 1st BGS submission
PERFECT, thank you!!!