`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I get a Good deal?

RE: Did I get a Good deal?
Well I'm not an auto expert by any means but I do know his auto pretty well and it looks real to me. Here's mine if anyone wants to compare

[Image: no003.jpg]

[Image: TysonJackson.jpg]
You have the same thing I've got which is the players issue. These were cards given to the players by topps to hand out to friends and family and trade to each other. If you look at my blue ink version you see Topps certified autograph issue just above the auto space, on mine and your red ink that isn't there which is how you tell the difference, now does it make it fake no not exactly it just means its not certified. Here is a link to a certified version of the red ink for you to compare.

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Foo...on/4622363

Come to think of it I guess I need to pick this one up just so I'll have both red ink versions lol
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(01-29-2012, 11:00 PM)snapp73 Wrote: are you sure of this, cause if so, i can breath, cause i was getting so mad thinking about that it could be a fake.

any idea what it's bv would be around, cause the blue ink was at 20-25 can't remember right now.
Dude, do not let this upset you, life is too short to get torqued about it. Its $4 and just view it as either a great deal or a lesson on byer beware. Had you spent a ton on a card and then found out it was fake that would be an different, but just be careful and before you buy, ask on here. A lot of really good people on here that know their cards. Cheers.......

the players ones were/are widely faked in the 2009 set. also on the red one, the lip on the left side of the t at the beginning of it, the lip on the 9, etc are not on the blue one...lump could tell you if those are normal or not, however his blue one has none of those at all and the red one has several, looks like smoene was trying to be too fancy on the red one, ie trying to make it look real.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(01-30-2012, 02:02 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: the players ones were/are widely faked in the 2009 set. also on the red one, the lip on the left side of the t at the beginning of it, the lip on the 9, etc are not on the blue one...lump could tell you if those are normal or not, however his blue one has none of those at all and the red one has several, looks like smoene was trying to be too fancy on the red one, ie trying to make it look real.
Actually on some of his certified autos those are there, it seems to be later in the print run which makes me assume that the longer he signed the less he pulled the sharpie away from the card which would create the tail, but that honestly just my assumption based on what I've seen of his autos. He also changed his auto a bit later in the year and added what appears to be an A after the J in his last name instead of just the J and squiggly line it looks more like a JA then squiggly
Here's an exquisite auto that shows the tail at the end of the T and the JA
[Image: TysonJackson9of25.jpg]

And a platinum the shows even more of a tail on the T
[Image: jackson1of10002.jpg]
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Take a step back as a collector and just look at the situation.

It's an unknown player with a hard-to-copy autograph that sells for $4. You have a member with a similar certified copy that has 99% likeness to the card in question.

I just can't fathom this being a fake.

(01-30-2012, 07:55 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: Take a step back as a collector and just look at the situation.

It's an unknown player with a hard-to-copy autograph that sells for $4. You have a member with a similar certified copy that has 99% likeness to the card in question.

I just can't fathom this being a fake.
And these are the most faked card by far during its era, thats why we are suspicious. Unknown player or not, if you can fake a card who's print run is as low as 10 with these red autos, and make thousands of them that sell for only $4, youve made a lot of money.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.