`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Retail or Hobby
02-02-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Retail or Hobby
If you're in it for the hits, jumbo, jumbo, jumbo...The HTA jumbo boxes are by far the best way to go. Three hits per box. Hobby boxes only have one hit, and usually just a jersey card. Plus unless you get a badly collated box (which is unfortunately common) you'll get the whole set. People hit on retail here and there, but you're much better off buying HTA jumbo boxes.

[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I know I'm a little late on the subject, but wanted to put my two cents in. If you want hits do not buy retail packs. Hobby and jumbo boxes are what you want. Usually with a guaranteed number of hits per box. Plus with the more valuable hits you have an exponentially better chance of getting one in hobby over retail. You can look on the packs (hobby and retail) to see the odds of specific hits. Where you get 1 auto in a box of about 24 pack of some hobby products the retail odds can easily be worse than 1 in 100. All of that being said I purchase both retail and hobby and by chance this past year in my craze over Bryce Harper I bought a few rack packs of 2011 Bowman and pulled a base Harper auto, international insert Harper, and purple border Harper. You just never know. But the odds are definitely against you when buying retail.
02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
(01-31-2012 03:13 PM)daytonator Wrote:  This is incorrect, they put autos and jersey cards in retail, I pulled a Nolan Ryan 60th anniversary auto from a 2011 blaster.

Yes, I know. The continuity autos are different though, and are real tough to pull, although you beat the odds. But there are no regular set autos or jerseys in retail blasters of topps.

[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*