`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
98-99 Finest - Worth Purchasing?

98-99 Finest - Worth Purchasing?
I saw a box of 98-99 Finest Basketball for sale with the price tag of $79 at my lcs. The owner said the price is definitely negotiable but I wanted to ask you guys what a fair price would be and if there are cards worth searching for in that box. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

RE: 98-99 Finest - Worth Purchasing?
It depends, I suppose. Is it Series I or II? If it's the latter you're looking at the chance of pulling a Vince Carter, Paul Pierce or Nowitzki RC, which should be nice. The rest all depends on the inserts you pull.

How many packs in a box?

I've picked up a couple boxes actually. I go series one because there is the opportunity to hit MJs I need. I think there is either one or zero Jordans in the second series; however, as mentioned above, the RCs are in series two.

Just type in "1998-99 Finest" and check the results for an idea of what you can hit.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

$79 is a bit steep. I got 16 packs of 1998-99 Finest the other day. I opened three packs and got a Van Horn/Tim Thomas Mystery Finest card and a lot of base. I sold the other 13 packs and the buyer got very lucky! He got a Kobe/Iverson Mystery Finest Refractor - it's a beautiful card. He also got a Marbury Arena Stars card, so he was very happy.

(01-29-2012, 11:45 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: $79 is a bit steep. I got 16 packs of 1998-99 Finest the other day. I opened three packs and got a Van Horn/Tim Thomas Mystery Finest card and a lot of base. I sold the other 13 packs and the buyer got very lucky! He got a Kobe/Iverson Mystery Finest Refractor - it's a beautiful card. He also got a Marbury Arena Stars card, so he was very happy.
Wow, I totally missed that it was $79. Yeah that's high, I think w/ shipping from the 'bay my last box was around $60. Haggle with him (or do a cash/trade combo?).
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]