`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?

RE: Who is the biggest prospect BUST you ever went "ALL IN" on?
Damn why did you have to go and do that, that card is sick!!!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(01-29-2012, 03:08 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Besides Bryce Harper... LMAO!!! TRAVIS LEE lets just say it was one of my worse moves every few hundred dollars as well as a 1994 SP A-Rod RC and a 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr RC later. Wouldnt you know i still have all the Travis Lee cards still til this day. So if anyone is intersted let me know LMAO
you clearly no very little about sportscards if you think the sp arod and 89 upperdeck griffey is the worst investment you ever made. you think those guys decreased in value....wait till you see harpers cards next year or two. due to some of his being short prints, they may hold a little more value but his stuff will be 50% cheaper even if he hits 25 hrs. to prove my point look at buster poseys chrome auto....hes playing like an allstar yet his cards dropped a ton and havent went back up at all this year.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(06-18-2012, 02:51 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Damn why did you have to go and do that, that card is sick!!!
Think how sick I am with his name being brought up in this thread. Watched the game last night, because I am going all in on goldschmidt. Well Upton seems like he is right on the edge, but seems to pull up on every play. Think he needs a cut in salary to make him hungry again.

(06-18-2012, 03:04 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: you clearly no very little about sportscards if you think the sp arod and 89 upperdeck griffey is the worst investment you ever made. you think those guys decreased in value....wait till you see harpers cards next year or two. due to some of his being short prints, they may hold a little more value but his stuff will be 50% cheaper even if he hits 25 hrs. to prove my point look at buster poseys chrome auto....hes playing like an allstar yet his cards dropped a ton and havent went back up at all this year.
I think you read it wrong. He meant he spent hundreds of dollars and gave up those 2 cards, presumably in a trade.

In any case, this thread is why I don't do prospects. It costs me more, sure. But at least I don't end up with a whole bunch of stuff I don't even want. I don't collect as an investment, so I am glad I'm not trying to "beat the market".

(06-19-2012, 08:50 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I think you read it wrong. He meant he spent hundreds of dollars and gave up those 2 cards, presumably in a trade.

In any case, this thread is why I don't do prospects. It costs me more, sure. But at least I don't end up with a whole bunch of stuff I don't even want. I don't collect as an investment, so I am glad I'm not trying to "beat the market".
yeah but the hobby was different back then, we didnt have 5 million autos and game used cards to pull...those base rookies were the chase cards. 90s inserts have recently exploded due to the fact today's cards have way too many different sp inserts of a player in each set. I think the griffeys, jeters, arods will eventually start to rise in value, maybe not all of the base rookies...but the limited inserts and parallels of them from their rookie years. I guess maybe im too old school...id trade my bryce harpers and bustr poseys all day for some arod, griffey rcs
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Harper and other "star" prospects can't live up to the value and hype. I took a look at eBay and a Alburt Pujols bowman "rookie" 9.5 sold for $125 and a Harper 1st bowman chrome 9.5 sold for $98

Now if Pujols goes on and hits only another 100-150 hrs in the next 5 years he will most likely be a HOFer with a + .300 BA.

All Harper would have to do is string together 15 years of staggering numbers to keep his card values up there. It isn't going to happen. Same thing with Upton, Posey, and any of the others.

Pitchers are even more of a gamble. With the way pitchers are "used" now they don't throw more than about 100 pitches and they don't pitch more than 1/5 games played. On top of that they have very few CGs and ERA's are on an upward move. So it is very unlikely we will ever see another 300 game winner or even a 2500 K pitcher. So how are they going to get sent to the HOF?

I can see it now......Here is your HOF pitcher with 2300 Ks and 245 wins and a 4.50 ERA next to Cy Young?
X

bringing this back from the dead...Rick Asadoorian and Matt Bush for me... so much allowance WASTED!

(06-18-2012, 02:47 PM)wampier Wrote: Kind of looking that way for Goldschmidt, & Heyward this year.

To verify that Upton was the #1: (BUST)
[Image: DSC02071.jpg]
Sweet looking card though
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

Joba Chamberlain, for sure. Went nuts for his RC's in 2007. Probably wasted only $75-$100, though.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Not baseball but my PC guy lol...went HARD for him...now he enjoys watching NFL games from the couch lol
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS