`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T USE TAPE

RE: THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T USE TAPE
I used to use tape but never realized the issue until I got a card a little jacked up from the tape. Now I use either team bags and If i dont have any left I use zip lock bags, fold it over to shape the cases, and tape that joker down case obviously the zip lock bag is bigger then the cards haha, but that prevents the cards from coming out of there case and floppin around.

Brad
Looking for Erick Fedde cards, currently working on the 14 bowman sterling.

As someone else posted earlier, I am glad that I came upon this. I've made a few trades (and a lot more eBay sales) with taped-down toploaders and no issues but I'll be adjusting this practice and using the team bags from now on.

Thanks for the heads up.
Currently working on 2010 Bowman Chrome Regular/Prospects, 2010 Bowman Sterling,
and 2010 Topps

I always just wrap the cards not in toploaders in a sheet of paper first and then tape the paper/tape the junk toploaders around that
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

It is really nice to see this thread is changing some peoples way of shipping!

Disclaimer: I have not read through this entire thread

If the individual would have used tape correctly than that would not have happened. You should apply the tape tight at the top so that the toploader edges squeeze together. The squeezed-together toploader edges then stop the card from getting to the point where it touches the tape
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(02-01-2012, 07:58 AM)keyser soze Wrote: Disclaimer: I have not read through this entire thread

If the individual would have used tape correctly than that would not have happened. You should apply the tape tight at the top so that the toploader edges squeeze together. The squeezed-together toploader edges then stop the card from getting to the point where it touches the tape
But that doesn't eliminate the sticky residue on the toploader, and it actually makes it MORE difficult to remove the tape and get the card out. Not to mention that if not done carefully squeezing the top can damage the edges of thicker cards.

There simply isn't one positive thing about tape on toploaders that team bags (or some of the other suggestions - post it note, wrap in paper, etc) doesn't do as well or better.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.