`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The grades on your 1967 guesses, updated (scans)

RE: Let's play guess the 1967 grade! (scan heavy)
(01-29-2012, 08:36 AM)Merovius Wrote: Love the cards man, especially the Carew. Just saw him Friday night, told him he had a beautiful smile as I handed him an 8x10, to which he replied "I have a smile?" and looked at me with a dead glare lol...so I told him a joke about a guy who goes to the doctor and gets bad news (cancer/alzheimers joke) and he laughed his a$$ off. He may be pushin' 70 but hes still got a good sense of humor.
He has a sense of humor and is nice? That's definitely a change from every time I've ever encountered him. Most of the time he stares blankly ahead and ignores that anyone is even talking to him. At shows I've been to where he's a guest he doesn't even look up and acknowledge people saying hello. The worst was an incident I witnessed when he was a coach with Milwuakee one Spring Training and a timid four year old boy gathered up enough courage to ask him for an autograph. All the adults around knew Rod was a waste of time asking and laid back. Rod looked down at this poor kid and snarled "There's a word you're supposed to use when asking someone for something." The boy replied, "I'm sorry. Could I please have your autograph?" to which Rod replied "Too late!" and stomped off, leaving the boy in tears and his father trying to console him.

Sorry to get off the topic. Most of those look to be SGC 80-84 with the exception of the Carew, which due to the centering is a 60 max. I'm curious to see if they came back trimmed though.

80, 60, 84, 80, 60, 80
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

How long are you going to delay giving the grades as they all looked in great shape minus the Carew. You sain the next night like 3 days ago.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: The grades on your 1967 guesses, updated (scans)
Grades are up. Apparently centering is a hige deal at SGC Sad
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I think the discoloration on the Mays really hurt it but its still a nice looking card.

I can see their reasoning on the Carew, it's pretty off centered. Further inspection of the Mays and Rose looks like they have fuzzy corners maybe? The print marks (I didn't notice them before) on the Colavito hurts it.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(02-03-2012, 02:58 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I can see their reasoning on the Carew, it's pretty off centered. Further inspection of the Mays and Rose looks like they have fuzzy corners maybe? The print marks (I didn't notice them before) on the Colavito hurts it.
Nope, no "fuzzy" corners on the Mays, but one is not perfect. Today, I went to look at them again, and the Rose casing just came apart. Further inspection revealed some of the other cases not sealed properly. Some of the labes are askew as well. I had planned to take pictures to show everyone the cards and the grades, but now it looks like I've got a customer complaint Sad I just emailed SGC to see what they say. I'm pretty bummed out about the whole experience honestly.
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

They should take care of those for you. Odd, I've never heard of that happening before with their cases. Hope it gets resolved.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(02-03-2012, 04:20 PM)beatles guy Wrote: They should take care of those for you. Odd, I've never heard of that happening before with their cases. Hope it gets resolved.
Yeah, it was really strange. Thanks, man.

I don't like their grading. The Aaron is in much better condition than the McDowell.