`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Topps Triple Threads Combo Auto

2008 Topps Triple Threads Combo Auto
I just bought a Albert Pujols Topps Triple Threads combo Auto card off of E Bay. It is signed with David Wright and Ryan Howard and is a great card. Its numbered 3/3. Now the only problem I have is that when I took a close look at the card after I received it, I noticed it was cut at an angle. Both the right and left sides are angled because of a miss cut. The pictures are centered but the card is at an angle. I feel like I was ripped off. Is this a normal product flaw with combo autos in this topps product or is this just one of a few cards that are miss cut in this product? What I want some advice on is should I return the card and open up a case or should I keep it? I paid 224.00 for the card.

RE: 2008 Topps Triple Threads Combo Auto
Can you link the ended auction? Depending on the wording you may be SoL. Does it fit in a case ok? How noticeable is the angle?
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I agree with Kangry. Go back and read the description. I notice some people will tell you that they won't tell you the condition and that you have to inspect the card yourself to determine condition. But if there is misleading language and no mention of the miscut, I'd contact the seller first. Then go from there. good luck! That's a lot to spend on a card you're not satisfied with!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

Sketchy, sorry that happened. If the description is deliberately misleading you can bet your a$$ id give him a neg. Especially on a high dollar item.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

send it back to topps to have replaced

(01-28-2012, 06:09 PM)michael022002 Wrote: send it back to topps to have replaced
He can't, he doesn't have the recipes from the box of original sale ! Plus you very rarely get the same card back if he could get the receipt, they send one of equal value.

I personally would contact the seller, see what he says. If he won't doa partial refund on it, I would return it using signature conformation and open a case on it. That is a rip man. To much $ for a messed up card, pujols auto or not ! Good luck buddy.

File a claim, no matter what you'll get your $ back. It's under item damaged if you want. Ebay always rules in the buyers favor.

You guys have been great. Thanks for the replys. I looked further into it and brought the card to a couple dealers around my area. They said the miss cut definately hurts the value, but it is worth what I paid for it. The card in any condition has no value in becket. I know it cant have many flaws before it is worthless, but besides the card being cut at a slight angle, its a great looking card. Im going to keep it and just hold on to it for my collection. I wouldnt sale a card like this to someone. Its wrong to give someone a card like this. Mint is my style.