Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite 2011 product?

RE: Favorite 2011 product?
GQ and Marquee

I liked Marquee and Ginter.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

(01-27-2012, 02:24 AM)dbacks08 Wrote: My favorite 2011 product was still Allen & Ginter, though I also very much enjoyed collecting this years regular old Topps set, too. I try to stay away from higher end stuff (not just because I can't really afford it) because it tends to not have a lot of Diamondbacks stuff in it. This year's Triple Threads and Tribute being a good example. Team makes the playoffs against all expectations at the start of the season, and they get little hobby inclusion? WTF?

That said, there were a few nice cards from Marquee I'll be chasing down over time.
I think the reason you don't see many dbacks in high end products is because people like to collect their old time greats and there are obviously a lot more old time greats from teams like the yanks, bo sox, tigers, braves etc...
And that is what makes the high end products high end. if topps has to pay more to get the jerseys and autos, we're going to pay more in return.
But keep your chin up because i think you will see more dback players in next years products.
(01-27-2012, 08:50 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: I only opened one, but I liked Tier One. A box with all the hits and none of the filler is a cool concept. Looking forward to next year's.
Tier one i thought had the right idea as far as price, autos, relics, but I didnt like the autos #/999. Most of those are about $8 a piece and thats book value so your not going to get much trade value out of them if you didnt get the players you liked.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

(01-27-2012, 05:18 PM)zmhower2469 Wrote: I think the reason you don't see many dbacks in high end products is because people like to collect their old time greats and there are obviously a lot more old time greats from teams like the yanks, bo sox, tigers, braves etc...
And that is what makes the high end products high end. if topps has to pay more to get the jerseys and autos, we're going to pay more in return.
But keep your chin up because i think you will see more dback players in next years products.
Oh, I know that's true. I just wish they wouldn't exclude the "lesser" teams in favor of yet another Yogi Berra or Cal Ripken card. Every single product has so many "old time greats" right now that they could probably do one a year with more of the great current players from all teams featured highly instead.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

No Tier One, Triple Threads, Marquee or any other high end product in my neck of the woods this year. Of what was available, I think I liked the player selection of the Gypsy Queen cards the best but liked the look of the Bowman Platinum. If I was to buy just one pack, it would be Gypsy Queen.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I loved Marquee. Really liked their Museum Collection auto's numbered to 10. A lot of their auto's were on card also, which was a big plus!
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

A&G wins but GQ comes in a close second. I opened no hobby boxes of either product but A&G has a great history that Topps has done fairly well in replicating. GQ has a history that I knew nothing about until this product came out, and it seems Topps did a nice job in reproducing the old design. I don't collect anything other than mini's but I'm glad Topps scrapped T206 in favor of the GQ line.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Thought GQ was priced too high so did not buy any. AG is always cool although AU's seem tough to pull. Bought a case of 2011 Goodwin Champions and was pleased with the product.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

(01-27-2012, 09:57 PM)oljey Wrote: Thought GQ was priced too high so did not buy any. AG is always cool although AU's seem tough to pull. Bought a case of 2011 Goodwin Champions and was pleased with the product.
Yeah, I agree, GQ prices were/are so high. I have to ask how many boxes from the case of Goodwin's were duds? I bought a box that had 1 hit (a 3-toed Sloth manu patch card) and when I contacted UD they said because I didn't buy the box from an 'authorized dealer' that I was SOL. For that reason I've decided to buy no UD stuff nor collect the '11 Goodwin mini's.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Gypsy by far for me! I got 4 boxes before it got ridiculously expensive. After that I bought a fair amount of packs. I loved the framed relics of legends. I got Gehrig, Ryan, Robinson & Henderson. It was a fun break, great player selection & a very clean look. A+ in my book!

[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics