`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to selling on ebay

new to selling on ebay
I am looking to move some of my cards on eBay when it comes closer to the start Of the season. Can you guys give me any advice on signing up, shipping, best way to list, etc. Any information would help and I Would appreciate. Do you need to link PayPal up to eBay and what about printing labels. Thanks again.

RE: new to selling on ebay
Some tips for ebay: Always put a good descriptive title, don't make any spelling errors. Use a photo of the actual card. Describe your card condition. List your shipping procedures.
You will need to link to your Paypal.
And also pick a good listing time, having an auction end at 3am is no bueno.
I'm sure others will have more advice!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-26-2012, 01:51 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Some tips for ebay: Always put a good descriptive title, don't make any spelling errors. Use a photo of the actual card. Describe your card condition. List your shipping procedures.
You will need to link to your Paypal.
And also pick a good listing time, having an auction end at 3am is no bueno.
I'm sure others will have more advice!
+1 also sunday night is your best ending time.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(01-26-2012, 04:08 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: +1 also sunday night is your best ending time.
Is there a specific time Sunday night that you noticed an increase in sales?
WANTED:
- National Chicle: printing plates & 1/1's (baseball only)
- 1997 Studio: Masterstrokes, Hard hats, Press Proof, Samples, Signed, something rare.

PM me with what you have.

(01-26-2012, 11:30 PM)neonstatus Wrote: Is there a specific time Sunday night that you noticed an increase in sales?
I usually end mine around 9 on sunday.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

thanks for the help....what about once the auction ends does the buyer pay by paypal into your account then ship it out....how much is shipping?, how do you usually ship it? etc....Can you print your own labels?.....sorry for so many questions it's just when i do this i dont want to mess anything up and keep the buyer happy. Thanks in advance.

You can print labels through paypal. You link your Paypal to your ebay account and it will pay into it. Just a warning as a new seller paypal is going to hold your funds until the buyer has received their item, and leaves feedback.

Personally i just run to the post office bc i dont sell all too much, just easier for me. I ship the morning after a buyer pays.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

These are all good tips. Here are a couple more:

1. Always make sure that your card description is accurate as far as brand, year, set, etc (and especially condition!). A lot of times, I just copy and paste the Beckett description.

2. If you're selling an autograph card, make sure you use both "auto" and "autograph" to attract maximum hit results. For relic cards, I like to use the term "relic" as well as whatever is in the card (bat, glove, jersey, etc.)

3. For serial numbered cards, type of the actual serial number. It gives some authenticity to your listing and shows that it's not a hoax.

4. Always answer questions ASAP and be firm and honest with your responses.

5. Don't fret if your auctions don't get much action early in the listing period. Most final bids take place in the past few minutes. In fact, tonight I had a card go from $11 to $24 in the last three minutes of the auction.

6. Keep your expectations realistic. Unless it is a BRAND new release, expect a significant discount from Beckett high values. The percentage differs based on a lot of factors.
Currently working on 2010 Bowman Chrome Regular/Prospects, 2010 Bowman Sterling,
and 2010 Topps

(01-27-2012, 12:05 AM)dahl09 Wrote: thanks for the help....what about once the auction ends does the buyer pay by paypal into your account then ship it out....how much is shipping?, how do you usually ship it? etc....Can you print your own labels?.....sorry for so many questions it's just when i do this i dont want to mess anything up and keep the buyer happy. Thanks in advance.
Printing shipping labels saves from going to the p.o. & online costs are less, also make sure you use delivery confirmation.
Crisp pics & a well described item is what people want to see, often i see auctions that are too vague but the sellers terms, conditions & irrelevant info is repeated a hundred times in huge text while the description barely is a full sentence.
You'll learn as you go so start with lower end stuff to get the hang of things & build up feedback, buyers are somewhat leary of a 0 fb seller with a nice card to sell or will try to get over on a new seller.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered