Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997-98 Donruss Canadian Ice Provincial Series Player's Club

1997-98 Donruss Canadian Ice Provincial Series Player's Club
Anybody else have any of these?

I have a Jaromir Jagr #8 and opposed to the regular version it has the Player's Club stamp on the back side. The set is unlisted.
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

RE: 1997-98 Donruss Canadian Ice Provincial Series Player's Club
Not from the same set, but along the same lines. I have this one from 9798 Pinnacle Totally Certified. Sorta hard to see in the scan, but it says the same thing "Players Club, One of 299". They started coming out of retail packs a few years ago for a couple different sets. I believe they were intended to be released, but never made it out into product, until now when some retail outlets issued their re-packs and jumbo lots. These got mixed in with them.

[Image: 9798PinCertPlayClub.jpg]
[Image: 00PandPSigpiece2_2424.jpg]

Collecting: Travis Fryman, Champ Bailey, Steve
Largent, Steve Yzerman, Brian Holzinger, Mike Johnson and Jordan Sigalet.

I haven't seen many but there is a few I want for my want list...

if i ever create one (HA)
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Greg, yes... the same text on the back of my Jagr card minus the print run.
Wonder how many are out there....?

Just picked up some of these in a trade, they were thrown in and now wondering what I'm suppose to do with them lol I have some Dominion and Totally Certified ones with the Player's Club on them.

Me being the complete anal retentive when it comes to my sets is weary of including these as originals.. has anyone got any newer updates??

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

I believe these Players Club cards were hot foil stamped and re-sold by a 3rd party company, not by the original manufacturer. They were available in a lot of those plastic clamshell packages in retail stores in the late 90's. If I remember correctly, there was a lawsuit by a manufacturer (Pinnacle, maybe?) against the company doing the stamping/reselling. I don't know how it ever turned out, though. There were also a bunch of Score and I think Collector's Choice cards with a gold star 1 of 1 stamp around the same time. Same story with those.

Interesting...

I believe those go along with cards sold by a third party that were stamped like gems; Diamond, Ruby, Emerald, etc.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

(04-05-2012, 12:47 PM)varial Wrote: I believe these Players Club cards were hot foil stamped and re-sold by a 3rd party company, not by the original manufacturer. They were available in a lot of those plastic clamshell packages in retail stores in the late 90's. If I remember correctly, there was a lawsuit by a manufacturer (Pinnacle, maybe?) against the company doing the stamping/reselling. I don't know how it ever turned out, though. There were also a bunch of Score and I think Collector's Choice cards with a gold star 1 of 1 stamp around the same time. Same story with those.
Thanks a lot for your post! In this case then they are dead to me no wonder the guy through them in for nothing in the trade haha..I'll chuck them in the oddball stuff I have but not count them against my collection. Cheers

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!