`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
selling price ?

RE: selling price ?
Those cards I would not sell at those prices, but you do need to consider fees, time, etc when figuring otu what you want to do with them if you were gonna sell individually, also depends how bad you need the cash!
(01-26-2012, 11:46 AM)dmasci Wrote: So riddle me this.... reading the responses suggest 30% is fair or 70% of BV is fair etc. I was under the impression the the book value in Beckett is nothing more than a guide to tell you what a card is being sold in the various markets out there today. So if a card is considered MT and the price guide says lo = $20 and hi = $40 to me that means their research is showing this card selling in mint condition from $20 to $40.

So, you can say that $20 is 50% of Beckett Hi. I guess I'm wondering once again where beckett gets the prices from to determine book value, do they consider ebay where many cards sell for a fraction of book value?
I know Ebay isnt taken into account, and I dont think the lo and hi have anything to do with sell prices. You can buy hi $25 inserts for $1-2 all over the place (ebay, sportlots, etc), the low value is not than $1-$2. I only use BV when trading as far as a card's worth. I do take it into account when buying as many things I buy I will then use to trade, so try to get the best deals value wise, like the $1 or $2 cards with higher BV that I know people on here will be interested in, but otherwise dont pay attention to it when buying. Buy what I want for PC, dont pay attention to the BV unless I know its obscenely overpriced.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Which brings me back to the question I have, how does Beckett determine BV these days? Especially if it's true that they do not consider ebay when determining BV. I always understood Beckett to be reporting the prices as opposed to setting prices. So how are the BV determined these days?
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

They do take into account Ebay. Shipping price is included as part of what the card sells for.

The BV's do, in fact come from sales data.

(01-26-2012, 11:35 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Well, for one thing, you are going to get a LOT less if you sell a bulk lot as opposed to individually. Secondly, the dealer is going to need to resell them to make money. He will always offer much less because he would need to sort them, price them, package them, and sell them.

The sell value depends on the card/player. When I look for Arian Foster cards, a lot of them are going for full book value now. Some of them sell for more than book value. I just paid well over book value for one of his autos on Ebay, because it was less than I had seen them going for. It just depends. But if you sell them as a lot, 30% is about what you can expect, I would think. Speaking in extremely general terms, I think most sell for 50-75% of BV.
+1
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

(01-26-2012, 03:14 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: They do take into account Ebay. Shipping price is included as part of what the card sells for.

The BV's do, in fact come from sales data.
False. There are cards, such as the mosaic Bradford Finest /10 from his rookie year. It has sold between $150-$185 every single auction on ebay. Card BV is only $300. If that is what it was based on, it wouldnt be worth that. If its never sold over that, how would hi be $300+?

read the article below. there is no way this is true. I believe its based the product, scarcity, etc. But in a regular set, there are always the same players which will be priced highest (Peterson, Brady, etc) and then they fit all the others in based upon which tier they have them. You get anomalies where certain cards of one player are popular, but that card will still fit in their "slot" for that player, regardless of sales. Finally, of the 4 LCS that I am aware of, they do not report prices.

http://www.beckett.com/estore/helpsys/vi...icleId=319
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.